Grand Princess Deck Plan - I'm confused

bugsy1968

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Grand Princess in July and I am a bit confused about some things. I know that when she was originally built, there was no international cafe and they offered "Sterling Steakhouse" instead of Crown Grill.

In the Europe 2010 Brochure on the page where it lists the ship features, it says that there is an International Cafe and a Crown Grill but neither is showing on the ship deck plans. Did they change a few things when it was in dry dock last year and just not updated their deck plans?

If anyone has sailed on the Grand recently, could you be so kind as to clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Grand Princess in July and I am a bit confused about some things. I know that when she was originally built, there was no international cafe and they offered "Sterling Steakhouse" instead of Crown Grill.

In the Europe 2010 Brochure on the page where it lists the ship features, it says that there is an International Cafe and a Crown Grill but neither is showing on the ship deck plans. Did they change a few things when it was in dry dock last year and just not updated their deck plans?

If anyone has sailed on the Grand recently, could you be so kind as to clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Don't count on the deck plans, they updated the plans before they did the enhancements and in some cases never did the enhancements and left the plans updated. Also in some cases only parts of the enhancements were completed onboard.

Thanks for the feedback. That's why I was confused because the brochure says that there is an International Cafe and a Crown Grill on the Grand but the deck plan contradicts this so I am trying to find out from someone who recently sailed on the Grand as to whether or not these spaces exist.

Thanks for the feedback. That's why I was confused because the brochure says that there is an International Cafe and a Crown Grill on the Grand but the deck plan contradicts this so I am trying to find out from someone who recently sailed on the Grand as to whether or not these spaces exist.

We were on the Grand over Xmas and New Year, there is no International Cafe like on the Crown, Ruby etc but they do have the coffee bar on deck 5 next to the atrium but without the food. Also have another coffee bar on deck 7 above the atrium.

Also they have the Crown Grill but it is called "The Painted ????" sorry but forgot the last bit of the name:o. We ate in there 3 times(fantastic:)) and it was exactly the same menu as the Crown Grill on the Crown & Ruby, it is situated on deck 7 forward where the Wheelhouse bar is situated on the Crown & Ruby.

We were on the Grand over Xmas and New Year, there is no International Cafe like on the Crown, Ruby etc but they do have the coffee bar on deck 5 next to the atrium but without the food. Also have another coffee bar on deck 7 above the atrium.

Also they have the Crown Grill but it is called "The Painted ????" sorry but forgot the last bit of the name:o. We ate in there 3 times(fantastic:)) and it was exactly the same menu as the Crown Grill on the Crown & Ruby, it is situated on deck 7 forward where the Wheelhouse bar is situated on the Crown & Ruby.

Oh No - There isn't an international cafe in the atrium on deck 5 with yummy pastries and that awesome chicken salad everyone talks about? That was one of my favorite spots when we were on the Crown in 2007.

I'm stressing now as I ate the chicken salad almost every day and loved the fresh cookies & pastries they served. Does the Grand have anything like this? I thought I read a recent review and saw some photos of a similar type of set-up where they had panini's, pastries, etc. on the Grand.

The Princess brochure definitely states that there is an International Cafe on the Grand so it's dissapointing to hear that there isn't.

:(

It was called the Painted Desert and it was fabulous in March.

Oh No - There isn't an international cafe in the atrium on deck 5 with yummy pastries and that awesome chicken salad everyone talks about? That was one of my favorite spots when we were on the Crown in 2007.

I'm stressing now as I ate the chicken salad almost every day and loved the fresh cookies & pastries they served. Does the Grand have anything like this? I thought I read a recent review and saw some photos of a similar type of set-up where they had panini's, pastries, etc. on the Grand.

The Princess brochure definitely states that there is an International Cafe on the Grand so it's dissapointing to hear that there isn't.

:(

We just got off the Grand Princess yesterday morning. Sadly, there is no International Cafe. The coffee bar on Deck 5 (also known as the Lobby Bar) will do all sorts of nice espresso-based hot drinks, but there is no chicken salad, paninis or fancy pastries. We did not find a place on board that had these items (although the buffet often had pastries, but they were not very good). There was always a tray of cookies or mini pastries (also not great) on the counter of the lobby bar in the mornings and afternoons.

Steve

We just got off the Grand Princess yesterday morning. Sadly, there is no International Cafe. The coffee bar on Deck 5 (also known as the Lobby Bar) will do all sorts of nice espresso-based hot drinks, but there is no chicken salad, paninis or fancy pastries. We did not find a place on board that had these items (although the buffet often had pastries, but they were not very good). There was always a tray of cookies or mini pastries (also not great) on the counter of the lobby bar in the mornings and afternoons.

Steve

Excellent first post. Welcome to Cruise Critic. Were have you been all this time? You make a good contributor. :)

How about getting in really deep water and posting up a review?

Excellent first post. Welcome to Cruise Critic. Were have you been all this time? You make a good contributor. :)

Totally agree! Going in February and would like to read as many recent reviews as possible. Many of the reviews give little info regarding the ship itself and seem to be nothing more than a b**chfest (and I don't mean beach)!

I have been lurking for months doing research. :)

The review will come shortly.

Archived