last minute stingray excursion?

K&Rs Mom

Do any of the excursions to stingray city have people around the dock for unscheduled tours? I'm not sure whether we are going to do this so can't book ahead, but would love to have it as an option when we get there.

Do any of the excursions to stingray city have people around the dock for unscheduled tours? I'm not sure whether we are going to do this so can't book ahead, but would love to have it as an option when we get there.

I remember seeing quite a few tour operators hanging around as soon as you get off the tenders. you should have no problems finding someone.

If the ship has an excursion for this you can book once you get on board as well. Not sure if I would just hand over money to someone standing on the dock and trust they will take me where I want to go.

I am a little nervous about that, but wrote down the names of the most recommended on here, so will at least know who to look for. Can you book through the ship at the last minute, like the night before? We're considering staying on the ship for one of the ports, but haven't decided which one (have 4 port days in a row), so not really ready to commit to excursions ahead of time.

The vast majority of operators you find at the pier taking "walk-up" bookings are just as reputable as any of the ones used by the ship or discussed here on the boards. The main difference that I've noticed is quality and size of boat, not where they take you or anything like that.

You'll be able to tell in seconds if you're at the right spot, after all...there will be a ton of other boats there and the water will be full of people sanding on the sandbar petting stingrays...it's pretty tough to pass off any other location as Stingray City Sandbar... :D

Yes, and it's about half the cost of what the cruise line charges.

• 3 months later...

My boyfriend & I did this a few years ago on our first cruise. There were 2 different companies there when we got off the ship, we asked them both a few questions & the one even dropped their price so we would pick them. This year we're going to try even harder to negotiate :D

Archived