Kinda wierd question. 3 day versus 7 day cruise

Lovetwocruz2009

Hubby and I have only taken 7-8 day cruises. We are considering a quick 3 day cruise from LA or San Diego.

Any real differences besides the trip duration? Being from Northern California my friends and coworkers call these quick trips "Booze Cruises".

We enjoy the bubbly too and we like to have a good time. But I'm just wondering if we will see alot of craziness. (Like overly intoxicated people, fights, etc.)

Dancing, laughing, talking loud is all great as long as no one gets hurt. ;)

Any recent experiences is greatly appreciated.

I think of the 3-day cruises more like a long weekend getaway than an actual vacation, with whatever differences that entails for you. When I take one, I'm focused more on packing in the fun rather than relaxing. So are many others, and that's why they have the reputation for being more "wild". That being said, I've taken four 3-day cruises, and I would only have considered the drinking (other people's, not mine) a problem on one of them.

We did a 7 day cruise, then 2 five day cruises. The fun was over way too quickly on the 5 day cruises--but we still loved them. I would be willing to do a 3 day cruise ANYTIME if I could work it in. Three days is better than no days in my way of thinking!:)

Being a 7 day cruise feels like 3, a three day cruise feels like one. It's over as soon as it starts. Before VIP it just wasn't worth all the hassle of getting on and off the ship for such a short period.

We also felt like all the activities were crammed into that time period, and of course we had to "do it all".

But if the price is right, it's better than being home doing nothing.

Even a short get away can recharge your batteries. we have done 4, 5, and 7 days we like the 7 day the most but for a quickie getaway the 4 days are good but to short, if you do a 3 day think of less to pack more fun to be had and at least you got away from the norm for a while if we lived close enough to a port that had 3 day cruises we would be broke but happy

Hubby and I have only taken 7-8 day cruises. We are considering a quick 3 day cruise from LA or San Diego.

Any real differences besides the trip duration? Being from Northern California my friends and coworkers call these quick trips "Booze Cruises".

We enjoy the bubbly too and we like to have a good time. But I'm just wondering if we will see alot of craziness. (Like overly intoxicated people, fights, etc.)

Dancing, laughing, talking loud is all great as long as no one gets hurt. ;)

Any recent experiences is greatly appreciated.[/quote

The biggest difference here on the east coast going out of Port Canaveral, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale on the short cruises is the rudeness of the people. Seems 7 day & longer cruises the people are more patient, tolerant & laid back. On the "booze cruises" everyone seems to be in a hurry to be the drunkest, loudest, first in line, and most unaware of general acceptable behavior. We've never let it ruin a short cruise, but now we know what to expect & take a shorty when we can, but prefer a longer cruise.Come to think of it, even if the others on a short cruise were on their best behavior, a longer cruise would still be better!

Archived