5 yr old bday party on board?

alise007

Will the cruise ships do anything to help celebrate a kids bday?

I would at least want a cake with his name/age on it??

It will just be family with him but don't want him to think because we aren't home that we don't recognize the occasion!

Do they ever bring things out to the MDR and sing? I am sure I can pack a candle or 2 with me but beyond that....sorta have my hands tied!

Yes--most cruise lines will allow you to order (for a fee) a cake to be presented at the dining room.

Some other fun things we have done to celebrate cruise b-days:

1--Get matching t-shirts that say "Bob's B-day", with Bob wearing one that says "I'm Bob, wish me Happy B-day." You'd be surprised what an impact it made, and how many people commented.

2--Decorate the cabin. Some cruise lines will do this for you (for a fee), whereas we always bring things with us to decorate (tape, streamers, balloons, small signs, confetti). Then, I wait until the b-day child is out (at the club) and decorate. Last time, my son thought the captain personally came to the cabin to decorate it for him.

3--Hang a b-day poster on the cabin door, with balloons and streamers as well.

I've heard that some people will also buy cheap trinkets for the b-day child to hand out at the Kids Club. We haven't done that.

Hope that helps!

--CeleBrat

Will the cruise ships do anything to help celebrate a kids bday?

I would at least want a cake with his name/age on it??

It will just be family with him but don't want him to think because we aren't home that we don't recognize the occasion!

Do they ever bring things out to the MDR and sing? I am sure I can pack a candle or 2 with me but beyond that....sorta have my hands tied!

On Princess we could order one in advance, pay $1.50 per person for the cake and have whatever we wanted for the cake and written on it. Like ordering one from a bakery, not the standard one served to everyone. You can do it in advance.

Both my girls will have their birthdays onboard in March. I am going to order a cake and bring along Tinkerbelle figurines that they will hopefully just push into the cake right before they serve it. I am pretty sure your candle idea will be out as I think open flames are a no-no.

I am also bringing large, as in easy to clean up tinkerbelle confetti for the table.

In the room I am bringing the Tinkerbelle happy birthday banner and a tabletop decoration. All of this stuff packs flat and weights almost nothing.

We plan to give them V-smile pockets as their gifts on the plane ride down so that will keep them busy.

Monica

Did you book directly with Royal Caribbean or with a TA? Either way, this is what you have to do -- on the reservation, there is a space where you can add a special occasion - Birthday - so under his name make sure it says "Birthday". Then, on the first night, tell your waiter that your son will be celebrating a birthday one day that week and you would like one of his desserts to have a candle in it.

If you want to take it a step farther....go to www.rccl.com and click on "deals and gifts" - then celebrations. You can order a cake to your cabin or dining room for $14.95 or room decorations as a surprise for $31.00. Just make sure if you order it that you bring your print out receipt as proof with you. Just in case.

My daughter turned 9 on Independence this year. The head waiter and waiter lead our entire section in singing happy birthday to her. And I had the cabin decorated for her birthday.

4553afbb.jpg

068.jpg

066.jpg

075.jpg

oh thank you all so much!!! $15 is just fine with me! How did the cake taste? Did you have flavor options --this family prefers CHOCOLATE!

Michelle--what type cabin do you have? It appears to be adjoining--did you have both rooms?

We haven't booked yet- prob not for a few months til we get everything pinned down! I will have til wait til closer to his bday to pick a theme. Who knows WHAT he will be into when we sail next year!

oh thank you all so much!!! $15 is just fine with me! How did the cake taste? Did you have flavor options --this family prefers CHOCOLATE!

Michelle--what type cabin do you have? It appears to be adjoining--did you have both rooms?

We haven't booked yet- prob not for a few months til we get everything pinned down! I will have til wait til closer to his bday to pick a theme. Who knows WHAT he will be into when we sail next year!

We just had one cabin - you are seeing it from both directions. It was Junior Suite Deck 10 AFT - 1406 (center AFT) - I loved that cabin. That was from Independence. And yes, it did adjoin with a D1

Let them know about the birthday in the kid's club - they have always done something special for my son - it really depends on how many kids are on board and how many birthdays they have as to what happens. With Princess, you can call and give your ship and sailing date and they will tell you how many kids will be on the sailing. We are in Canada so I go to the dollar store and get Canada pins, pencils, temporary tattoos, etc. to send along to the kids on my son's BD. All the cruise lines make it a point to ensure it is a special day.

Archived