Wine glasses

Summergee

If we take a bottle of wine on board will we have to ask for glasses or will there be glasses provided in the room? We have booked an A3.

Hi

There will be two champagne flutes in your cabin on arrival, however, if these are not suitable, ask your steward for wine glasses. Remember, he/she has lots of other passengers arriving in their cabins as well so don't expect instant results. Go have lunch or an explore and, when you return, or after lifeboat drill, in time for sailaway, glassses should be waiting for you.

I try to keep my requests to essentials when boarding, for example, getting beds separated or combined or any bathroom or safe problems. Only once (on QV) have the supplied dressing gowns been waiting for me, on all other voyages (QE2,QM2) they have appeared later on the first day, so don't worry if they aren't there when you board.

Have a great time, BON VOYAGE!

Only once (on QV) have the supplied dressing gowns been waiting for me, on all other voyages (QE2,QM2) they have appeared later on the first day, so don't worry if they aren't there when you board.

They've always been waiting for me. The trouble is that the "me" they were waiting for seemed to be a much much smaller version than the "me" that actually arrived. :D:D:D

J

Hi

I try to keep my requests to essentials when boarding, for example, getting beds separated .

My wife managed to do that on QE2, but it was half way through the night, and apparantly because I was snoring.

Unfortunately I knew nothing about it until I rolled over and there was an almighty thump as I hit the floor down the middle,

My wife managed to do that on QE2, but it was half way through the night, and apparantly because I was snoring.

Unfortunately I knew nothing about it until I rolled over and there was an almighty thump as I hit the floor down the middle,

Hee hee. A woman after my own heart.

Mary

Thank you for the info on the glasses.

What about ice buckets and ice a couple of days into a crossing?

There will be an ice bucket in the cabin. It will be refilled daily (or oftener if you need it - just ask your steward).

J

Hi

There will be two champagne flutes in your cabin on arrival, however, if these are not suitable, ask your steward for wine glasses. Remember, he/she has lots of other passengers arriving in their cabins as well so don't expect instant results. Go have lunch or an explore and, when you return, or after lifeboat drill, in time for sailaway, glassses should be waiting for you.

I try to keep my requests to essentials when boarding, for example, getting beds separated or combined or any bathroom or safe problems. Only once (on QV) have the supplied dressing gowns been waiting for me, on all other voyages (QE2,QM2) they have appeared later on the first day, so don't worry if they aren't there when you board.

Is a dressing gown the same as a bathrobe? If so, ours were there when we arrived. I believe slippers arrived later, though. We had a problem getting shampoo, due to a language problem, however for a few days.

I generally leave a note, figuring if it is written they can't forget.

If I'm running low on lotion, shampoo, etc. I leave the empty or almost empty bottle on the bathroom counter with a note "More of this please". That way they know exactly which one I was referring to.

I also try not to be demanding anytime but especially on the first day because turn-around day is a very long day for them. They start earlier than usual and have to strip and reset all those cabins as well as help with arriving bags in the afternoon.

Archived