Reservation for Red October...

JodiBB

Hi all!

We're set to sail on the JOS on 8/7/05 and want to book with RO. However, we want to invite others to join our tour to help with costs. We've posted on here before, but as of yet, no one has responded (which is odd since the ship is sold out! But that is a different story)....

Anyway....does anyone know if we set up a reservation with Ilya that she will help match us with others to expand our group? We haven't followed up with her yet because we don't want to set up a reservation and then find out we're all by ourselves...

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

I didn't read thoroughly. For RO, just click at the top of THIS page. It is centered on the page and underscored: :rolleyes:

Red October USA - Your St. Petersburg Booking Partner

Can you see it? Just click on it and it is a Link. :cool:

The confusion was more than just the address, JodiBB set us reservations with Ilya, a young man, who is the tour coordinator for Den Rus but wants to contact Red October for expanding her group. Now I am comdued also;>)

Apparently, that ad at the top of the forum page is an email autoresponder robot for a new sales agent in the US. You need to contact the actual company in Russia to get a human response from my own experience. Don't expect an immeditate response from anyone in Russia however, it is 11 hours earlier in time than the west coast of the US. The delay would be better than a robot email however,

Good luck

Stan

The confusion was more than just the address, JodiBB set us reservations with Ilya, a young man, who is the tour coordinator for Den Rus but wants to contact Red October for expanding her group. Now I am comdued also;>)

Apparently, that ad at the top of the forum page is an email autoresponder robot for a new sales agent in the US. You need to contact the actual company in Russia to get a human response from my own experience. Don't expect an immeditate response from anyone in Russia however, it is 11 hours earlier in time than the west coast of the US. The delay would be better than a robot email however,

Good luck

Stan

Stan...LOL...you're funny!!

We looked into both Denrus and RO...my husband seemed to like what RO had to offer more, so that's what we're leaning towards. I've emailed Olga directly from when she sent me my itinerary and I'm waiting for her reply...

So sorry if I confused you....I'm so confused myself, then it's no wonder that I couldn't possibly confuse anyone else...LOL

I emailed Olga of RO last night to ask that she begin looking for us to find travel mates for this tour. I received a reply from her this morning and she said she would.

So we'll see where we go from there...

Just FYI--I have begun communications with Red October USA and have been discouraged by the fact that Mike has not been at all encouraging about his willingness or ability to find travel mates to split costs.

You all may be better going directly with Red October in Russia.

Happy travels to all,

Donna

Jodi,

See if you can find a role call for your cruise and post there to see if anyone else is interested in sharing a tour with you.

I already have and haven't gotten any response yet...at this point, I'm marketing myself where ever I can ;)

Just FYI--I have begun communications with Red October USA and have been discouraged by the fact that Mike has not been at all encouraging about his willingness or ability to find travel mates to split costs.

You all may be better going directly with Red October in Russia.

Happy travels to all,

Donna

I recently got this in an e-mail from Red October USA when asking for a quote:

"Please Note:

Our E-mail system is such that we will see all your correspondence with Russian office also. Therefore, please start and finish your booking ONLY with ONE office - Red October USA or Red October Russian office. Your Price and Itinerary will be EXACTLY the same. Please make your booking process time efficient and without redundancy."

As I said before, I prefer dealing with the office in Russia directly because I have found them to be more helpful. Mike with Red October USA was not helpful. We have also communicated with Denrus and have been very impressed with our communications with them.

Donna

BUMP...Hi all!!

We're still looking for additional fun-loving travelers to join us for two thrilling days with Red October on Aug 14-15, 2005. We're traveling on the JOS, leaving for St. Petersburg on Aug 7.....

Would love to hear from you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've booked our reservation with Olga of RO!!! We're so excited!!

If anyone is still interested in joining our group let me know!!! We're a fun-loving couple in our mid-30s and love to have adventures...

Thanks in advance!

Archived