Dawn Beach Now

Squiggles

Will be stopping in St. Maarten off the Serenade in two weeks. Have been there many, many times both on cruises and to stay. Dawn beach has always been a favorite, but last time we were there (2006) they were building condo's or a hotel behind it and it had lost its charm due to the construction going on. Has the construction finished? Is it back to being a great place again? Or is it more built up and crowded? Is Ms. B's still on the beach? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Will be stopping in St. Maarten off the Serenade in two weeks. Have been there many, many times both on cruises and to stay. Dawn beach has always been a favorite, but last time we were there (2006) they were building condo's or a hotel behind it and it had lost its charm due to the construction going on. Has the construction finished? Is it back to being a great place again? Or is it more built up and crowded? Is Ms. B's still on the beach? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you go could you please post and let me know what it was like. I have not been since 1992 (don't laugh), we couldn't find any road that looked like it would take us to the beach in 2006 when the Westin was being built and again when we tried in 2008. (There have been a lot of comments on the "change" that the Westin has made to Dawn Beach. I personally have not read anything positive, but that's progress for you.) We will have a car and I have since learned that if I follow the Oyster Pond road and the sign to Mr. Busby's I should find it. Let's Hope!

I was at Dawn beach Dec. 2008. At that time there was know construction

the beach was beautiful.I was there with my two sons 10 and 17.We rented

boogie boards and hit the waves hard all day.My 10 year was in the water 6 hours straight.Nice bar at the beach great smoothes and local beer was a dollar.

The day we were there it was not crowded.

Archived