LIVE From The Oasis of the Seas!

It's amazing how many people you've touched. Like so many others, I never met you , but feel as if I know you. When I read your Oasis review months ago, I enjoyed it very much, but I have seen other trip reports which I have also enjoyed; yet did not create such an impact. What stood out with yours was the apparent love and devotion between the two of you. That love glowed through your words and photographs. Something made me revisit this thread a few days ago and when I read about Carol, I felt like I had been kicked in the gut. However, we must remember she is in a better place where there is no pain or sorrow. I hope you can take some solace from all these postings and take comfort by seeing how many lives you have touched. Bless you.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm very sorry for your loss! You've given so much to us in this community - please feel free to lean on us as much as you need to. Our thoughts and prayers are here supporting you Trainman. Carol will live on in our hearts and memories, especially through the countless loving words that you've written here.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm very sorry for your loss! You've given so much to us in this community - please feel free to lean on us as much as you need to. Our thoughts and prayers are here supporting you Trainman. Carol will live on in our hearts and memories, especially through the countless loving words that you've written here.

Same here, Trainman. Come back to the boards when you can and feel like it. You will always have a family here - all hours of the day, even early birds like yourself!

I too just checked back in when I saw this thread up again and saw this terrible news. It saddens me to hear that you've lost your beloved Carol, but that sadness is tinged with joy remembering your lovely life together and the happiness you shared with each other and with us through your trip reports.

Thoughts and prayers to you Jim, during this time of sorrow. May Carol forever watch over you.

I am so sorry to hear of Carol's passing.. I too feel like we know you from all your wonderful "live" threads, the most recent on the Oasis. What comes out the strongest from your postings is the unconditional love that you showed each other. Know that you have a "family" here at CC that care for you.

Just reading all these postings of love and support hopefully will give you peace and comfort. May you draw strength from the fact that you will never be alone...

• 3 weeks later...

Trainman-2,

I am so sorry to read that your beloved Carol has passed. Through the years, I have so enjoyed reading your threads as you two sailed together throughout the Caribbean. It was apparent by your threads that you both had a real passion for cruising and you seemed to be having a wonderful time together, no matter what port or ship. God bless you and take care. Hope to see you cruising again someday.

Claudette

I have followed this and your previous live from the Freedom of the Seas, You sound like the most wonderful couple, I have just read this whole posting the whole 42 pages and am now sat here crying my eyes out, I dont know you, but through your postings you have brought the most beautiful insight into crusing on the Oasis and I am now thinking of booking for it myself. Carol I am sure realised she had a very dedicated husband in yourself and it sounds like she loved her cruises and if you cruise in the future I think she will be right there with you.

my sincere condolences

Trainman,

Like kazakaza, I have just read the entire 42 pages and am also unable to stop crying. Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us. I will be sailing on the Oasis in February for a mini-family reunion and it feels like I have already been on the ship. Although I haven't met you in person, I felt as though I knew you and Carol. Your obvious devotion and love for Carol was so touching and I extend my most heartfelt condolences to you and your family. My thoughts are with you and your family and may you find strength in the wonderful memories you have. There is now another angel in heaven.

May God Bless you and your family.

I loved reading the reviews of your cruises and saw in your pictures, how happy your wife always was. After all, you held the camera.

How special to be truly loved in this life.

My prayers are with you.

Trainman

My prayers and thoughts go out to you. I have always enjoyed your reviews and looked forward to those pictures of you and Carol. :)

I know that she would want you to cruise again. You are truly happy at sea. Your relationship with Carol always reminds me to strive that much harder to make my marriage as perfect as possible :) Thank you for all you do for the CC community. I wish for you happy memories for years to come.

• 3 months later...
NOTE - I posted this earlier this morning and I have no clue what happened to it so I am reconstructing it for the good of man kind!

Revealed At Last!

How To Instruction for Constructing one of Trainman-2's Ultimate Breakfast Snacks.

CAUTION - CAUTION

- This snack does not have the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval

- It is rumored that the AMA and AHA are considering banning it

Step 1 - Start with a lightly toasted English Muffin

DSCN0239.jpg

Step 2 - Cover with Cream Cheese

DSCN0240.jpg

Step 3 - Cover with Blackberry Jelly

DSCN0241.jpg

Step 4 - Carefully install 4 pork sausage links

DSCN0242.jpg

Step 5 - Assemble

DSCN0243.jpg

Step 6 - Enjoy

DSCN0244.jpg

CAUTION - Eat At Your Own Risk!

OMG are you for real!

• 3 months later...
Another Personal Note:

By now you have figured out that Carol and I are old and slow. We don't do excursions! We don't do late night shows! We don't do a lot of shopping because at our age we pretty much have everything we want or need.

What we really enjoy is being on the Ship. I guess you could call us "Ship People" who are content just being aboard and really enjoy sitting out on our balcony.

The crew and many people have bent over back wards to accommodate our physical needs.

In addition to still being weak from Chemo-Therapy, Carol has some other physical problems which we are having treated and we hope will be cured in a few weeks. Because of this, sometimes while we are walking she will have a spasm of pain and she just freezes up for a minute or so. She tenses up and you can tell from the expression on her face that she is hurting.

This happened yesterday on the Royal Promenade and a lady passenger appeared from nowhere and asked if we needed help. This was so nice and it has been happening all week. The Crew and other passengers have bent over back wards to help.

I suspect that many people think that I am some sort of Pervert because I hang around outside the ladies Restrooms while Carol is inside. If she doesn't come out quick enough and I start worrying I will ask a lady about to go in or walking by to check up on her. I ask them to go in and call out "Carol, are you "OK" and they do. A special thanks to all of the women on the ship who have helped her on this cruise.

Carol doesn't want to give up her freedom to move around on her own and it is sometimes hard for me to let her venture out on her own. The other day she wanted to stay in the Schooner Bar for the Trivia longer than I did. She asked another couple for help and they walked her back to the Cabin.

This ship has lots of "Rude People" and it is surely more fun to post about them than the thousands of nice people.

But the passengers and crew have really helped to make this an enjoyable cruise for us.

A special thanks to all who have helped us!

Trainman - you are a Gentle Giant. My sincere condolences on the loss of your best friend.

• 1 year later...

I'm reading this post more than two years after your cruise, and after an amazing family cruise on Oasis this April. Thank you for sharing your time with us. I've also read your other "live" reviews and am hooked. We'll be on Allure April 2013, so until then I'll be checking back at all your reviews for my fix! My DH thinks I'm nuts for scouring these boards, but it makes me re-live and dream of our next time!:)

Archived