LIVE From The Oasis of the Seas!

Dear Mr Trainman,

So sorry to read of the passing of Carol.

May she rest in peace.

With love and prayers from this side of the 'pond' and I hope this lovely poem helps a little bit....

Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old familiar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we have always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me, Let my name be ever the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect without the trace of a shadow on it, Life means all that it ever meant. It was the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. What is this death but a negligible accident? Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

AR xx

Awesome.

Trainman I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I am so very happy that both you and Carol were able to share the cruise on the Oasis with everyone here at Cruise Critic.

God Bless You

Trainman,

Let me add my sincere condolences to you on the passing of your beloved Carol. You have been such an inspiration to all of us here on CC.

You have such a wonderful legacy with all of your reviews, pictures and memories that you have so gratiously shared with all of us.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Trainman

I have been holding off the past couple of days trying to come up with the right and perfect thing to say. There just isn't words that I can express that will take the pain from you.

The only thing I can come up with is I am truly sorry for your loss.

For those reading this thread, make sure you go to the link on the Vet site. I just read every post there and still have tears in my eyes.

Jim, you are in all our thoughts.

Tim

Trainman - I'm truly sorry for the loss of your beloved Carol. Take time to grieve and just know that your CC friends are family also and we are all here for you and your family and grieving along with you.

Peace be with you always.

Jim, I am deeply saddend by the loss of your dear wife Carol. I could feel the love you both shared just by reading your cruise reviews. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Heaven now has a new star shining down upon us. On a clear, dark night look high above and search out the brightest star....and you will know that Carol is looking down upon you with love.

Jim, I already posted on one of the other MANY threads regarding Carol's passing, but I just wanted to reiterate my deepest heartfelt sympathy.

Peace be with you and Carol!

Thanks Bonnie,

Please post links to these other threads about Carol. The only one I am aware of is on the Corvette Forum...

PS - I grew up near Newark, DE, out near Milford Crossroads. :)

Trainman,

Let me add my sincere condolences to you on the passing of your beloved Carol. You have been such an inspiration to all of us here on CC.

You have such a wonderful legacy with all of your reviews, pictures and memories that you have so gratiously shared with all of us.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Carl and I did so enjoy your Oasis reviews and we are so saddened by the passing of your beloved Carol. I also was looking forward to your May 2nd review of the Freedom. When you do sail again next year, be sure to take us all along. Your CC family loves to hear from you.

We all loved to hear how you took care of that special lady. God bless you and your family and our prayers are with you now and always.

Julia

Thanks to you all here on the Cruise Critic Boards and to those on the Corvette Forum for your prayers and support!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-topic/2581097-sometimes-i-sniffle-and-tear-up-thinking-of-carol.html

I have followed this and your previous live from the Freedom of the Seas, You sound like the most wonderful couple, I have just read this whole posting the whole 42 pages and am now sat here crying my eyes out, I dont know you, but through your postings you have brought the most beautiful insight into crusing on the Oasis and I am now thinking of booking for it myself. Carol I am sure realised she had a very dedicated husband in yourself and it sounds like she loved her cruises and if you cruise in the future I think she will be right there with you.

my sincere condolences

Jim, I posted to you on the May 2nd roll call thread, a lot of people are writing in on that for you also. Once again we want to say we are so sorry about your dear wife Carol. She was truly blessed to have such a wonderful, caring husband. Treasure all those beautiful memories!!

Jim I'd like to extend belated birthday wishes to you. I loved that picture of you & Carol when first I saw it on the "Live from the Oasis" thread. Both of you so touched me with that picture .. then as I read I knew why I felt something special looking at the picture. Carol will always be with you & so pleased to hear you'll be cruising again. We'll be on the Adventure .. we like the Southern Caribbean and would love to meet you one day on a cruise. I love that Carol will forever be cruising & sharing the open seas with all of us. God Bless you both.

Trainman-2 I have just finished reading and viewing your oasis of the seas thread it was great!! I truly feel as if I know you and Carol. I would like to express my heart felt sympathy. You and Carol seem to have had a very close marriage -young people today could learn a lot from you!

Dear Trainman-2, I can't imagine what you are experiencing, but I do know what it is like to have that kind of love for your mate. Carol is comfortable now and will be watching out for you. I visualize her at a beautiful dock, waiting to board a beautiful ship, she is not ill or uncomfortable in any way. I am happy to hear that you will take her on one more cruise and scatter her ashes, a very fitting memorial. We hope to see you on the Allure, we are on the same sailing. Please know that we are only two of the many people who feel your loss, please take care and let us hear from you when the time is right.

Sincerely, Cathy & Jerry George

Mechanicsville,Va

It's amazing how many people you've touched. Like so many others, I never met you , but feel as if I know you. When I read your Oasis review months ago, I enjoyed it very much, but I have seen other trip reports which I have also enjoyed; yet did not create such an impact. What stood out with yours was the apparent love and devotion between the two of you. That love glowed through your words and photographs. Something made me revisit this thread a few days ago and when I read about Carol, I felt like I had been kicked in the gut. However, we must remember she is in a better place where there is no pain or sorrow. I hope you can take some solace from all these postings and take comfort by seeing how many lives you have touched. Bless you.

It's amazing how many people you've touched. Like so many others, I never met you , but feel as if I know you. When I read your Oasis review months ago, I enjoyed it very much, but I have seen other trip reports which I have also enjoyed; yet did not create such an impact. What stood out with yours was the apparent love and devotion between the two of you. That love glowed through your words and photographs. Something made me revisit this thread a few days ago and when I read about Carol, I felt like I had been kicked in the gut. However, we must remember she is in a better place where there is no pain or sorrow. I hope you can take some solace from all these postings and take comfort by seeing how many lives you have touched. Bless you.

This note has been well written to reflect what a number of us have tried to say & the sentiments we've had for both you, Jim and your lovely Carol. Still hoping to eventually cruise with you.

Archived