First time cruiser

bwilli40

I was wondering if the ships pat you down when you bored the ship? I am not sneaking drugs or anything illegal. I have a rum runners flask and i am flying and the flask is too big to go in my suitcase (when full due to regulations) so I was thinking I could fill it up once I got to Miami. My bags are getting picked up at the airport and are being delivered there and I dont think I will have a chance to put it in my bag without someone seeing me do it. So I am thinking I could put it in my pocket or around my belt or something.

I realize that some dont think I should sneak booze and what not. I am going to do it no matter. The point of me asking is to get an aswer and not a lecture.

I realize this is my first post but I have been reading this site for a month or so and have seen the arguments started. So please just answer the question or dont post. As momma always said, if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

I was wondering if the ships pat you down when you bored the ship? I am not sneaking drugs or anything illegal. I have a rum runners flask and i am flying and the flask is too big to go in my suitcase (when full due to regulations) so I was thinking I could fill it up once I got to Miami. My bags are getting picked up at the airport and are being delivered there and I dont think I will have a chance to put it in my bag without someone seeing me do it. So I am thinking I could put it in my pocket or around my belt or something.

I realize that some dont think I should sneak booze and what not. I am going to do it no matter. The point of me asking is to get an aswer and not a lecture.

I realize this is my first post but I have been reading this site for a month or so and have seen the arguments started. So please just answer the question or dont post. As momma always said, if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

The process to board the ship is essentially the same as boarding a plane. If you really need to take on the rum runner, then jettison something from your checked luggage.

The people picking up your bags at the airport are not the sme ones who screen your luggage at the ship. So you should not worry about someone seeing you put the flask in your bag. But I don't believe there is a lim,it on size of containers of fluid in checked baggage, only in carryon bags. EM

While you have to go through security when you board the ship similar as to the procedure at the airport, it is not as inclusive. You do not have to remove your shoes and the only thing you have to take out of your pockets is metal that will set off the metal detector. You can leave your coat on even. They are looking for weapons mainly. I have never seen anyone patted down. I would like to know how you conceal a large filled RR on your person though.

If the transfer from the airport to the ship was purchased from the cruise line, then you most likely will not see your luggage again until you get to your stateroom. One possible suggestion would be to claim your luggage at the airport and then make a quick trip with the luggage to the restroom before giving it to the ship contract personnel at the airport. Remember the people picking you up at the airport are on contract to the cruise line and really don't care what you do. In the luggage claim area it will be very busy so no one will be watching.

diver,

I was planning on taking the big ones in my bags and carrying on 2 small 8 oz ones in my pockets. Not about to sneak a 5th in my pants. Ha. I am not an alchy but I dont want to pay $8 a drink all week. Would like to have a few drinks in my cabin and thats about it.

Archived