Place D'Armes in NOLA?

Grits53

We are considering booking the Place D'Armes for the night before our cruise. I like the authentic French Quarter look & feel of this hotel. Our main concern is the safety of our vehicle when parked there. We have a new half ton truck, which is a crew cab. It has a short bed, but the overall length is still longer than any car or standard truck. Would this be a problem for parking there? And is their parking secure? Also, I'd like some general input on this hotel from recent visitors. Thanks!

We are considering booking the Place D'Armes for the night before our cruise. I like the authentic French Quarter look & feel of this hotel. Our main concern is the safety of our vehicle when parked there. We have a new half ton truck, which is a crew cab. It has a short bed, but the overall length is still longer than any car or standard truck. Would this be a problem for parking there? And is their parking secure? Also, I'd like some general input on this hotel from recent visitors. Thanks!

I don't have recent experience...my last stay here was right before Katrina hit. The grounds were very nice, the staff wonderful...the rooms...not so much. I had an inside room and I had "visitors" in the night. there was a crack under the door about 1 1/2" and these little critters kept sneaking in. I finally watched and when they left the room, I jumped up and stuffed a towel under the door. I flew into NOLA and took a cab to the hotel so I really can't comment on the parking.

I don't have recent experience...my last stay here was right before Katrina hit. The grounds were very nice, the staff wonderful...the rooms...not so much. I had an inside room and I had "visitors" in the night. there was a crack under the door about 1 1/2" and these little critters kept sneaking in. I finally watched and when they left the room, I jumped up and stuffed a towel under the door. I flew into NOLA and took a cab to the hotel so I really can't comment on the parking.

Most people have commented on having ghosts as their visitors during the night, but I get the impression you're talking about mice. Right?

We checked tripadvisor before selecting it. It's in a really good location, but we don't need parking so don't know about that... We'll be there Thursday and Friday... :p

Thanks. I was actually thinking of booking it before our 5 day 3/1 Triumph cruise. I don't know if we can swing it on the 5/8 cruise, since it's a 7 day. :(

Most people have commented on having ghosts as their visitors during the night, but I get the impression you're talking about mice. Right?

That is correct, Grits53...but you have to remember that this really is a common occurance anywhere near water. The critters creeped me out at first but I got over it. The location is wonderful...the staff great...and NOLA itself I love. Enjoy your trip!

Archived