Bringing cake on board

chickadee66

My husband and I are scheduled to leave on the Spirit in March. It will be our 2nd anniversary and originally I was going to purchase the anniversary package until the price increased. My mother-in-law used to own a bakery and makes the very best chocolate cake. Would anyone know if it would be a problem to bring a 6" cake on board for us to enjoy in our room?

Good luck! I hope they let you bring it on board. We were just off of the SKY and while we in Nassua we tried to bring our leftover's from lunch on board and were stopped at the x-ray machines. You might want to call NCL and ask (make sure to get names)

OceanDreams

Good luck! I hope they let you bring it on board. We were just off of the SKY and while we in Nassua we tried to bring our leftover's from lunch on board and were stopped at the x-ray machines. You might want to call NCL and ask (make sure to get names)

OceanDreams

We are boarding in New Orleans so maybe it was because you weren't in the United States. I will call because if the cake has to be left behind, then so am I! Just kidding, of course but it is that good.

The email I received about my allergies said that there are only certain foods you are allowed to bring on board and you need to have permission ahead of time to do that. I believe it has to do with regulations since the ship goes to multiple countries.

I bet you could ask about getting a cake once you get on board. We haven't been on NCL yet, but for my parents' anniversary, Princess brought a small cake out at dinner and sang to them.

NCL provided a Birthday Cake for my husband 5 years in a row. Might not be your favorite but I'm sure they will provide cake for your special occasion if you ask.

I totally agree .... We have had several cakes for birthdays on different NCL ships and they are very delicious. Keep in mind that ships have some of the best chef's around.

Good luck

OceanDreams

Apparently you can't bring the cake on board. It has to be factory sealed, the way the rum cakes are. DS says the only way he knows of to get a personal cake is to order the anniversary package. You can always ask at dinner but there may or may not be a charge for it.

Apparently you can't bring the cake on board. It has to be factory sealed, the way the rum cakes are. DS says the only way he knows of to get a personal cake is to order the anniversary package. You can always ask at dinner but there may or may not be a charge for it.

Thank you so much for going to the trouble to find out for me. We will enjoy it ahead of time or order one and have our room decorated if they have chocolate cake. We don't believe on wasting calories on anything but chocolate!

My husband and I just returned from the Gem on 1/13/2010--we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Just let NCL (TA or whoever you booked through) know that you are celebrating a special event. When you embark NCL will have a postcard waiting for you in your stateroom. Give the card to the Maitre d on the evening that you want to celebrate. Just let the Maitre d know it's your anniversary--they sang Happy Birthday to me. My husband found it very funny!

Thank you so much for going to the trouble to find out for me. We will enjoy it ahead of time or order one and have our room decorated if they have chocolate cake. We don't believe on wasting calories on anything but chocolate!

No problem. Enjoy your cruise & chocolate cake. Happy Anniversary!

Archived