Vow renewal cost and was it worth it?

kiraryker

We are sailing on Carnival Dream in Jan 2011 - it will be our 29th wedding anniversary and just kinda thinking of doing that. Our 3 children will be along as well as my sister and her family and my father and his family.

Seems like it might be a nice time to do something that involves everyone.

It was more then worth it, we did it on the Victory last March and could not have ask for a better vow renewal for the money we spent. All we had to do was show up with clothes, they handled everything. Here is a link to the some photo's some our's some Carnival took :)

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c310/leslie572/vow%20renewal%202009/?start=20

You can find the vow renewal price by going to Carnival's webpage and looking under the wedding information.

I tried but I must be looking in the wrong area - I looked under gifts & services but only find wedding items you can buy not the actual vow ceremony information. I did a search and found it - Thanks!

stazcrew - thanks for the pictures - you guys looked very happy - i'm so glad you really enjoyed it!

Hi! We just booked our first cruise and are sailing the Freedom this September to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We are also doing a vow renewal, and are very excited about doing something to commemorate this special milestone. I'm glad to hear that those who have done it have had good experiences. For the price, I believe its a good value, especially considering its not a group ceremony so you'll have your special moment all to yourselves.

Congrats on the upcoming 29 year anniversary - definitely an occasion to celebrate!

I tried but I must be looking in the wrong area - I looked under gifts & services but only find wedding items you can buy not the actual vow ceremony information. I did a search and found it - Thanks!

stazcrew - thanks for the pictures - you guys looked very happy - i'm so glad you really enjoyed it!

Here is a link to the vow renewal information from the Carnival website.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/weddings/pdf/vowrenewal08-09.pdf?icid=CC_Weddings_52

We are sailing on Carnival Dream in Jan 2011 - it will be our 29th wedding anniversary and just kinda thinking of doing that. Our 3 children will be along as well as my sister and her family and my father and his family.

Seems like it might be a nice time to do something that involves everyone.

First off Congrats on 29 years. That is a big accomplishment.

We just renewed our vows this past Dec. for our 30th Anniversary and ours was a little different as we were on the MSC Poesia and they don't have a wedding/vow renewal package.

We brought all of the decorations and I made all of the florals and brought them.

The only thing that we got from the ship was the cake. It cost about 100 dollars. The cake was an Italian wedding cake and was one of the best cakes I think I have ever had, not too sweet and not a lot of heavy frosting.

My Grandchildren and a friend of theirs decorated the room.

We had an event coordinator on the ship. She was there to let us know which room we would have and to answer any of our questions. She also was there for the party part of the Ceremony. We booked an hour and a half for the ceremony and full bar party. This was all included in the group booking. Part of the package was for "dry snacks" but to our amazement there was Petit Fours with everything from cheese to salmon to caviar.

This was a very nice touch since we figured it would be chips and pretzels.

We also had the open bar. The drinks were all free to our guests for 1 hour. It wasn't just standard drinks, it was anything you wanted. They even made a few non alcholic concoctions that the kids came up with. The younger boys thought it was really cool to sit an the bar and order their drinks and our bartenders enjoyed the boys.

Our good friend is a professional photographer and her and her husband were on the cruise with us. So we had a photographer there with us.We were't even questioned by Marianna, our events coordinator, about needing a photograher. They weren't at all upset that we didn't use a ships photographer.

The whole event was very intimate and gorgeous. If I was to do it again it would be this way again. We had 34 guests there and all of us enjoyed it all very much.

Here is the link to see our photobook of the ceremony and party. Enjoy

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/received/welcome.sfly?fid=04b46db6303c41f3&sid=0AatWjZu2aMWbjo

I love the outside photo's, ours was an evening wedding and it was misting outside :( all our photo's were inside shots. Thats the one thing I missed getting.

The outside ones were the most fun to take. We just got to be us and enjoy it. In fact all of it was a lot of fun and really laid back. I couldn't have asked for anything more then this it was perfect as far as we were concerned.:) Like I said before I'd do it all over again just like this ifI could.;)

The outside ones were the most fun to take. We just got to be us and enjoy it. In fact all of it was a lot of fun and really laid back. I couldn't have asked for anything more then this it was perfect as far as we were concerned.:) Like I said before I'd do it all over again just like this ifI could.;)

Thanks for sharing your photos!! Wow beautiful!!! Eveyone's pictures are just wonderful!! Giving me great ideas and now I can't waiting for January 2011

Our Vow Renewal was last May on the Fantasy. It was THE BEST trip we have ever been on. Both kids and DIL and my BFF and her DH were with us. It was just fantastic!

My only regret was wasting the food that came with the "deluxe" package. It was WAY too much for the 8 of us.....

Do it. And buy the pics. (you can talk them down) We didn't have a photographer at our wedding, so just have snapshots. We went overboard (no pun intended) with our pics of the Vow Renewal and they are fantastic!

• 4 months later...

We are also considering a vow renewal ceremony on the Carnival Dream Feb 2011. We have cruised with carnival many times but have not been on the dream yet. My question is; can the ceremony be conducted outside on a sea day? I went to a wedding last year and they had the ceremony at shore (cheaper) and in the chapel. I would prefer to be out on the deck. Congratulation to everyone on their anniversaries!

• 7 months later...

We are planning to renew our vows in September 2011 for our 10th Anniversary. I emailed Carnival's contact for vow renewals as I had some questions. When I asked if I could use my own music cd, she told me the cost for using my own music is $50. I asked for a list of their music but I haven't received a reply email in over a week. Does anyone know if they have a nice selection of music? I would really rather use our special music, but it doesn't seem right to just hand them $50 for really nothing. Has anyone been charged for using your own music? Thanks gals!:confused:

• 1 year later...
The reply I received via email today was: "The $50.00 fee is to hire our entertainment staff to play your CD on our sound equipment.The only music option we offer is the traditional wedding march."

Wow, I checked pricing today and it costs $450. to renew vows aboard the Dream. Asking for an extra $50 to play a CD sounds excessive.

Amust - did the outdoor ceremony work out? That's what I'd really like weather permitting.

Archived