ryndam- when are the formal nights? and ques re: dinner times

sr5242

we will be on the 7 night ryndam western caribbean on march 28. can someone please tell me which nights will be the formal nights? also, for the master chef dinner, is this in the MDR? is it optional, or should we plan our eating arrangements for that night?

also, when I tried to make dinner reservations for the pinnacle for my family, it wanted to charge me $20 for my kids, who are 7 yrs old. it says on the HAL website that kids under 12 eat free at pinnacle. I will call HAL tomorrow, but was wondering if this had happened to anyone else?

also, does anyone know when we will find out our dinner time assignment? has anyone had luck changing this while on board?

thanks!!

for the master chef dinner, is this in the MDR? is it optional, or should we plan our eating arrangements for that night?

When it comes to the Master Chef's dinner and the dining room, you can run but you cannot hide. The choice is take it or leave it. The same food is served in the Lido.

The only way to "leave it" is to make reservations for the Pinnacle, or have room service from the regular (non-dining room) menu.

also, does anyone know when we will find out our dinner time assignment? has anyone had luck changing this while on board?

You learn your dinner assignment when you check in and see what's on your cabin card. If it's not to your liking you can go to a specific place on board (usually the Explorers Lounge area) to attempt to get it changed. Changes are possible, but it's easier to switch to open seating than fixed, and easier to switch to late seating than early.

Archived