We need a new FAQ - or do we?

raudacruise

Many might have missed that the old "Sticky" FAQ thread was taken down this week. It was pretty out of date having been locked down about September 2007. I suggested to our hosts that it was pretty out of date and they must have agreed because its now gone.

I'm guessing that our hosts are pretty busy (and actually have real jobs) so its probably up to the =X= community to decide if we want a new FAQ and whats the best way to do it. If we put 1/4 of the effort into this as to what we've putting into the endless dress code debate and think we can all be proud.

So I'm opening it up. What's the best way to do this?

1. Several FAQ threads that are consolidated by our hosts?
  2. Maybe an external Wiki that is moderated by the members and then approved/disapproved by our hosts?
  3. Other ways?

Open to suggestions and obviously our CC hosts have ultimate control on what gets posted here (and I hope they didn't have a cow for my suggestions :D).

Anyway, we've been a little self-destructive. My suggestion is we instead try to come up with a FAQ for new cruisers. Hopefully we can do something where there most of the FAQ have FACTS but also have a balanced argument when there are disagreements.

Chime in (including - or maybe especially - the hosts).

FAQ's...trouble with them is A) people don't read them & actually say they can't be bothered! B) if having asked an obviously frequent question if you refer the poster to the FAQ's section they get upset & say you are rude/if you can't be bothered to answer don't bother/ why should I, I WANT YOU to answer NOW!! C) they say the info is out of date, most of which it isn't. I was even told off by admin on one site for referring people to the FAQ's page that I had helped write & was actually a ''sticky''!!

Stale or not, glad I printed out the old one (just last week) before it disappeared. Absolutely agree that updated one would be helpful and welcome. However, not sufficiently knowledgeable about pros and cons of various suggested methods to offer suggestion/vote on how best to accomplish. I do wish you luck, and will look forward to results no matter how ultimately manifested! (Hope you don't become discouraged by the naysayers.)

Archived