Azura naming/ visits

Johnthed0g

I like it Norfolk Brit! and I agree, look at what's happening in the world, there are much more important things to think about. Unfortuatley when something good happens, there are always those who think their glass is half empty and like to critisize those whose glass is always half full. :)

If the two posters, who feel so aggrieved, (please note I did not use the word jealous/envious//resentful/covetous), at the selection process, had themseves been chosen, by this process, would they now be accepting the invitation or declining it as they feel that there are worthier recipients?

Why be so upset if you do not use the P&O site and therefore would not have been eligible anyway?

Merlin... I will probably get my wrists slapped for this but one who's objecting certainly did use the P&O forum and would have certainly been invited (as he was almost top poster) had he not been quite rightly banned, making that at least his 3rd forum! The other IMO is another who would have been invited had they also not been banned! Is that not correct Mo?

Sorry, but these two posters seem determined to ruin these forums by spreading their bad feeling and are now trying to make those invited feel guilty. They obviously thrive on upsetting others. I'm sure P&O are glad they are no longer members otherwise I'm convinced they wouldn't have used the selection method.

So maybe a thankyou is in order! :)

If the two posters, who feel so aggrieved, (please note I did not use the word jealous/envious//resentful/covetous), at the selection process, had themseves been chosen, by this process, would they now be accepting the invitation or declining it as they feel that there are worthier recipients?

Why be so upset if you do not use the P&O site and therefore would not have been eligible anyway?

I am not aggrieved, just putting forward a view for discussion, people do seem cross though, it's just something to discuss.

Now that is a good question, would I have accepted under the selection process? to be honest I think I would have still thought the process was flawed but would have accepted because I, like some of the present recipients, would have deserved it. This process has come up with some, forgive me I don't recall who they all are, who deserve to be asked & some who are less qualified. Selection on merit, voted by the members would have resulted in a group more representative of the forum.

.... trying to make those invited feel guilty.
Hi lou-lou, can I just say I do not feel one little bit guilty and nothing anybody says is ever going to make me feel guilty :D... P&O has decided to offer me a gift/prize and if it this gift is anything like the rumours suggest then, not only am I excited about it, I am also honoured (no matter how my name got selected ... lets face it, it is probably as good a selection process as many of the knighthoods handed out through the homours list).

I am still eagerly awaiting further information so that I can sort out travel plans.

I would like to thank P&O, the administrators of the web site, all the others that post cruising, fun, general interest and discussion/debate topics, my producer, the directors, my makeup department for making me look gorgeous, the wardrobe department for my supply of man-thongs, the special effects department for my teeth, my stunt co-ordinator for teaching me how to jump from the wardrobe onto the bed in a spider-man outfit, the orchestra for orchestrating, the conductor for ensuring the bus runs on time and most of all the one lady without whom this 'prize' could not have been offered to me ... my mother (cue the JJ Barrie music) :)

Hi lou-lou, can I just say I do not feel one little bit guilty and nothing anybody says is ever going to make me feel guilty :D... P&O has decided to offer me a gift/prize and if it this gift is anything like the rumours suggest then, not only am I excited about it, I am also honoured (no matter how my name got selected ... lets face it, it is probably as good a selection process as many of the knighthoods handed out through the homours list).

I am still eagerly awaiting further information so that I can sort out travel plans.

I would like to thank P&O, the administrators of the web site, all the others that post cruising, fun, general interest and discussion/debate topics, my producer, the directors, my makeup department for making me look gorgeous, the wardrobe department for my supply of man-thongs, the special effects department for my teeth, my stunt co-ordinator for teaching me how to jump from the wardrobe onto the bed in a spider-man outfit, the orchestra for orchestrating, the conductor for ensuring the bus runs on time and most of all the one lady without whom this 'prize' could not have been offered to me ... my mother (cue the JJ Barrie music) :)

lolololol love it !!! Great post

Good morning..

Very good Ken, of course you don't feel guilty, apart from admitting you like to wind people up you take an active & useful part in the P&O forum & you actually cruise.

I didn't mention anyone feeling guilty about being selected, but as it has been raised I bet there are some that look at those who are not going & think "they have done more cruises than me & actually helped me with advice when I started out, & because I have posted a load of old drivel I am going & they are not" nothing to be done now. A vote would have been best, rather than selection of those with nothing better to do.

Well, I for one can't understand why John the Dog has not been invited to the Azura naming ceremony. I know he has been banned from a lot of sites but I'm sure he's just misunderstood. You would think that P & O would want someone like him to fight their corner. He deserves a pat on the back for taking it so well and obviously not begrudging others their good fortune. If it had gone to a vote as he would have liked I'm sure the cc site would have crashed under the weight of traffic as everyone rushed to vote for him.

Well done Cruise Critic for not following the crowd and banning him just because he never agrees with anybody else!

Well my official Invite arrived in the post this morning.

Am I chuffed you bet, do I feel guilty, not a chance.

Invite is for Mr & Mrs

Dress Black Tie & Decorations

Theme: Black, White & Gold.

Embarkation from 3pm (Free parking or Courtesy Shuttle from Central Station)

7/15 Champagne Reception

8.00pm Naming Ceremony

9.00pm Gala Dinner

After Dinner Entertainment Continues.

6.00am- 8/15am Breakfast.

Passports must be shown, name on Acceptance Reply, must be Identical to the one on Passport.

Thank you P&O Very Much Appreciated.

Looks a great occasion & I am sure those who have helped others with useful contributions, & feel their cruising experience is deserving of being at such an occasion will not feel the slightest bit guilty. I am also firmly convinced that those not going even though they have spent many years on the forum but only post in a helpful way when they have something to say, don't chat to friends or use the site as a personal blog, will be most happy for them.

Well, I for one can't understand why John the Dog has not been invited to the Azura naming ceremony. I know he has been banned from a lot of sites but I'm sure he's just misunderstood. You would think that P & O would want someone like him to fight their corner. He deserves a pat on the back for taking it so well and obviously not begrudging others their good fortune. If it had gone to a vote as he would have liked I'm sure the cc site would have crashed under the weight of traffic as everyone rushed to vote for him.

Well done Cruise Critic for not following the crowd and banning him just because he never agrees with anybody else!

Thanks, but as I have said this is not about me or any individual but just the principle of democracy, a vote would have provided the most popular choice, this is only fair & logical.

Well my official Invite arrived in the post this morning.

Am I chuffed you bet, do I feel guilty, not a chance.

Invite is for Mr & Mrs

Dress Black Tie & Decorations

Theme: Black, White & Gold.

Embarkation from 3pm (Free parking or Courtesy Shuttle from Central Station)

7/15 Champagne Reception

8.00pm Naming Ceremony

9.00pm Gala Dinner

After Dinner Entertainment Continues.

6.00am- 8/15am Breakfast.

Passports must be shown, name on Acceptance Reply, must be Identical to the one on Passport.

Thank you P&O Very Much Appreciated.

Daughter going to post my invite to me, cant wait to have it in my hands !!

Pleased to hear the official invites are landing on the doormats of the lucky 10, it all sounds very exciting and I am sure you will all have a wonderful time.

Regarding the "discussion" of unworthy posts I take the view that PandO provided a general discussion area and even an Adonia section for the posters who chatted in that section on the old forum, so they expected to have had none cruise chat. They remove content and members that contravene the terms and conditions of the forum so I would assume that all the remaining posts and members are OK with them. I feel certain that when the decision to invite the top ten posters was made it was done with the knowledge of the style of posting of the lucky 10. Without the chat some forums can become very stale and boring, some of the lively debates can be entertaining and stop the forum from stagnating.

Good for you Ken.

Archived