Azura naming/ visits

Johnthed0g

According to some on Crows Nest, P&O have invited the top ten posters from their forum to the Azura naming ceremony, from what I am told some of these places are richly deserved but some have not cruised a great deal & most of the posts made have been message board style chatter or attacking other posters as opposed to helpful advice to newcomers.

P&O originally stated they were inviting the ''most travelled'' to this ceremony..it seems not!

I wouldn't give up all hope yet JTD we have only in the last few days received our official invitation to which we had to RSVP and I am sure there will be some people invited who will be unable to attend....so if I were you I would keep asking head office if there are any late places just in case......they can only say no!!

Quite spiteful on CN ...I wonder if it is all a wind up!! Can't see them wanting to invite people who have travelled less to an event, it will surely be the "best" customers? I am not expecting to go there are far better customers out there than us!

It's not a wind up although I believe it is a ship visit rather than the naming ceremony. Congratulations to all those who got an invite. A nice touch from P&O. I hope you will report back with your views, we are thinking of booking next year.

I see a number of posts have been removed from the CN thread. Seems like someone has a bad case of sour grapes. Never mind, I think the irony of the situation will have cheered some up no end and threads like this one :p

I agree with John though, perhaps posters who contribute with helpful answers to newbies questions should of been chosen instead of sheer quantity of posts, like 'whats the weather today? and general chit chat to make their total post numbers massive. A few out of the top ten though can't go due to ...being on cruises .... so you never know!"

There are two sets of invites, one for the naming ceremony of which 10 have been sent to the top ten posters on P&O's forum and another where a few thousand have been sent out for a ships tour and lunch on other days.

Brian

I agree with John though, perhaps posters who contribute with helpful answers to newbies questions should of been chosen instead of sheer quantity of posts, like 'whats the weather today? and general chit chat to make their total post numbers massive. A few out of the top ten though can't go due to ...being on cruises .... so you never know!"

Sue

The EMail is official from the Administrators at the P&O Cruise Community, and says, if we have any queries we can get back to them.

It says because they are introducing a completely New Cruise Forum, to replace the existing Forum, and as a thank you for those who have supported the Old Forum. P&O have sent out invitations to the top 10 posters, to attend the naming ceremony on the 10th April, and each one of the top 10 have received the Email.

The support for the top ten has been overwhelming by posters on the P&O main forum congratulating them, and as of yet I have not seen one person, who has made an adverse comment, only on other sites such as Crows nest or this site.

If a few cannot go I would have thought their invites would go to those poster in 11th, 12th 13th positions etc.

Apologies Derek, I must have been misinformed on the grapevine (no pun intended!) Wow! The naming ceremony is a big event and I would imagine P&O must have thought carefully about their invitations and would not have invited the top 10 posters if they were dubious or just posted drivel! Congratulations again.

The general chit chat and banter is a big part of keeping a community going and ensuring experienced cruisers stick around, therefore being able to answer questions from newbies. I think it's unfair to name members from other sites in such a negative manner, especially when it's obvious they are genuinley nice folk.

Sue

The EMail is official from the Administrators at the P&O Cruise Community, and says, if we have any queries we can get back to them.

It says because they are introducing a completely New Cruise Forum, to replace the existing Forum, and as a thank you for those who have supported the Old Forum. P&O have sent out invitations to the top 10 posters, to attend the naming ceremony on the 10th April, and each one of the top 10 have received the Email.

The support for the top ten has been overwhelming by posters on the P&O main forum congratulating them, and as of yet I have not seen one person, who has made an adverse comment, only on other sites such as Crows nest or this site.

If a few cannot go I would have thought their invites would go to those poster in 11th, 12th 13th positions etc.

#

I may well of been in top 10, or 11th,12th 13th but sadly had to re-register about 8 months ago as could not get into site at one time (and had start from scratch again).

I post both here and on CC and have already posted my congratulations on CC so I thought I would also post them here just to balance this thread out a bit:rolleyes:.

I'm not one of the lucky 10 but do not begrudge in any way those that have received an invite - I'm really pleased for them and hope they have a fantastic time at the naming ceremony.

Debbie:)

#

I may well of been in top 10, or 11th,12th 13th but sadly had to re-register about 8 months ago as could not get into site at one time (and had start from scratch again).

Sue you are number 12 so it is possible you may get an invite, I know of two people who are not able to attend, so why not just congratulate the lucky 10 and hope some cannot make it.

I have congratulated some I know by pm.:)

That's good to hear. I was quite happy to congratulate all ten, none of them knew they were in some sort of competition so there was no agenda on their part to make a many posts as possible.

I don't mind the fun and the non cruising posts, I take the view if the forum providers don't want them they would get rid of them. PandO insisting that only cruising is discussed on the forum would be as impractical as them stating you can only discuss cruising with other passengers whilst you are on one of their cruises.

I hope you manage an invite if some of the top ten drop out

There seems to be quite a bit of sulking going on here from people who have yet to be invited to the naming ceremony.....so I will clarify from our instructions for this event......the checkin does not open intil 3.00 pm Saturday so we probably won't get on board until 3.30 pm at the earliest and we all have to be off the ship by 0900 the following morning....so it will be a very quick whizz round the ship before getting ready for the ceremony and dinner and an early wake up in the morning to be dressed, fed and off the ship by 0900 !!!

It won't be a nice leisurely wander around the ship for a couple of days as it was on Equinox last year !!

If you did get an invitation, I doubt you could be so pernickety as to state which cabin you required, or that P&O would bow to your request, if indeed the invitation includes a night on board.

Can you not be happy for those that have been fortunate to be selected, whatever the criteria?

Archived