labadee? on The View..how funny!

The sad reality, though, is that for thousands of Haitians life has come to an end.

You are so wrong....as with all other disasters in the world, life will go on and they will have a NEW BEGINNING and new hope for a better Haiti

They had the burning question 'to go or not to go' on the View. It's funny how the hot topic on here was the hot topic on tv. It was on regis and kelly as well. gish! Well my take ' life must go on'.

The View and Regis and Kelly... now that's credible must see TV. :rolleyes:

The sad reality, though, is that for thousands of Haitians life has come to an end.

And the sad reality is, life must go on.

Sensationalism at it's best.

Post 9/11, tourism in NYC suffered greatly. Many shops and restaurants in the city closed because people stayed away from the city. Everybody was a victim to the tragedy. EVERYONE.

I mean, in a city and state that is predominantly Democratic... it was BIG NEWS that the Republican National Convention was going to be held there.

People were happy about it... it was CRAZY!

Happy cab drivers?!?! No way!

You are so wrong....as with all other disasters in the world, life will go on and they will have a NEW BEGINNING and new hope for a better Haiti

No, life will not go on for the 100,000 or so that died. I'm fairly certain that's what the poster was saying.

Let's really hope that this is the truth and that Haiti learns as a result of this monstrosity of a disaster and emerges as a better country all around.

AS LONG AS the money gets to the correct people and places, I am sure it will be like a new beginning for Haiti. Its just a shame that so many people had to die for it to happen.

???

Have you not heard that 50,000 to 100,000 Haitians have perished?

You almost make it sound that the earthquake was a blessing to the people of Haiti. It wasn't. Like you, though, my hope is for a better day for a people who have suffered so much.

AS LONG AS the money gets to the correct people and places, I am sure it will be like a new beginning for Haiti. Its just a shame that so many people had to die for it to happen.

It is a shame... a terrible shame.

for decades, the world has known about the political corruption in Haiti. The years of civil unrest... the hard rule of it's dictators like Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier, his son Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalie, and most recently Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

All "leaders" who massacred their own people and stole hundreds of millions from the country's coffers.

Where was all our concern when the Tonton Macoutes were going around erasing families prior to Aristide?

I'm actually more unhappy with the folks who are lamenting Haiti now... when everyone could've been doing more to help the country before this disaster.

I'm more thankful that RCI has had this long standing relationship with Haiti... bringing business to their economy when all other cruise lines had forsaken the country long ago.

Archived