Guaranteed cabins

I am a very seasoned carnival cruiser however someone asked me a question that I was not sure of the answer. If someone books say an inside gty and get assigned a cat 4f for example then decides they want to upgrade to say cat 6c. Is the difference in price to upgrade from current pricing from inside gty to 6C OR from what they were assigned in this example from 4f to 6C?

Its whatever they paid to the current rate of the new cabin. If the guarantees went up, wouldnt matter, they would still pay the difference between what they actually paid, not the current rate. Am I saying it so it makes sense?? You pay the difference between booking $$$ and new rate.

So the free upgraded cabin in my example means nothing. If they paid say $500 originally for the ins. gty. and the current price is say $600 for a 6c they owe $100.

I thought that is how it worked but one time we booked a Bal. gty were assigned a cat 8M, then the suite prices came down to the same as the 8M we were assigned and then called and they gave us the suite at no extra cost (about a year ago). Seems like it depends on who you talk to like most other issues with carnival!

Archived