1st timer Freedom/Liberty ?'s

donnam504

First-time cruiser! Hubs & I are looking to celebrate our 15th anniversary & my 40th birthday in May. Thought we would try a cruise. Looking at RCL LOS Eastern Car. Aft. cabin 9406 or RCL FOS Western Car. Aft. cabin 6712.

TA recommends Aft Cabins for larger balcony & quieter spot at the end of the hall(hubs is light sleeper) Any thoughts on cabin choice? How large are bathrooms? Is shower claustriphobic?

I know these are sister ships, but is one more "run-down" or are both in pretty good shape?(furnishings, carpets, bedding...)

I see that iced tea is included in the meal plan, but is it "brewed" iced tea or "fountain" iced tea (like Nestea)?

Thanks!

Ok, sorry if I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll try to help. Basically the Freedom and the Liberty are the SAME. No difference at all, both are in great shape, design, ammenities, so just base your choice regarding cabin, itinerary and price.

The bathrooms are small, and yes, the shower could feel a little tight, however, how long would you be in the shower?:D

Since we don't drink Ice-tea, I can't answer that question, but I did see fountain ice tea in the buffet area.

Whichever ship you choose, you will have a great time. Perhaps you could even join us on our May 2nd Liberty cruise! and once you book, keep an eye on the price, you might get a dropping 'surprise'.

Congrats! I booked my first Aft last year and I am hooked. Just got one for an upcomming RCL cruise too!

I would go with deck 9 over 6. It seems 6 is kind of burried down below the substructure. Still... either would be larger than a normal balcony.

Here are some pics of a 9406

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=889083

Bathrooms arn't going to be huge, Showers are little tight but OK, I never felt claustriphobic. I guess the total bathroom size is simlar to a small 1/2 bath in a home?

I haven't been on either of those exact ships but I will say RCL does a good job with their furnishings.

And I believe they had a brewed tea area at the windjammer? Someone might want to confirm that.

Iced tea - If not to your liking, go the old-fashioned way and use tea bags, then ice it down. You might want to bring a small pitcher or large insulated mug to do that?

If he's truely claustaphobic in your stateroom shower, he could always shower in the spa showers - much larger.

Have a great cruise! Kathy

Go with deck 9 for sure! The view is quite a lot better than on deck 6. The suggestion of using the gym (not spa) showers is a good one. These are in the gym locker rooms, as are a steam room and sauna, at no charge. (The spa showers are only for use by those with a spa treatment if I am not mistaken.)

Iced tea - If not to your liking, go the old-fashioned way and use tea bags, then ice it down. You might want to bring a small pitcher or large insulated mug to do that?

I thought of that onboard but never tried it because I thought people would stare at the crazy girl making her own iced tea!!

Archived