FTC - Carnival Legend-what not to bring

Irish1964

I'm a first time cruiser sailing on the Carnival Legend in March. I'm so excited but nervous too. Can anyone tell me what not to bring? I've heard that you can bring a bottle of wine per person and even a six pack of soda - is this true?

Also is there anything about the rooms, the ship, etc that I would need to know?:o

My husband and I are going with his parents for their 50th wedding anniversary along with his sister, her husband, his brother, and his wife. :p

There is a board dedicated specifically to first time cruisers under the Discussion heading. Go back to the Cruise Critic Message Boards, look for the Discussion group and click on the First Time Cruisers. Lots of info there.

Also, if you use the search on this site you will find lots of the same questions you have just asked.

BTW, you can bring one bottle of wine per person in your carry on. A limited amount of soda and water. This info is also on the carnival website...things to know before you go.

Have fun.

Had to see what FTC was. Now I know. Why all the abbrevations?

Oh duh, I just now got it myself.

OP there will be shampoo and body wash in the showers, no conditioner, bar soap and some samples that change. Bring whatever else you might need. I think Im a walking drug store at this point. .. lots of "just in case items'.

I'm a first time cruiser sailing on the Carnival Legend in March. I'm so excited but nervous too. Can anyone tell me what not to bring? I've heard that you can bring a bottle of wine per person and even a six pack of soda - is this true?

Also is there anything about the rooms, the ship, etc that I would need to know?:o

My husband and I are going with his parents for their 50th wedding anniversary along with his sister, her husband, his brother, and his wife. :p

I think that you are part of Zeak's (Sue) group on 3/07/10. Come join us in the Roll Call and welcome to Cruise Critic.:D

Hey Nik, you don't have to be mean. I have gone to those boards and they really didn't give me any specifics. I thought that in asking people that have already "been there - done that" they might give me some insight that a FAQ board didn't.... Especially on this particular ship/cruise.

Thank you anyway...

Hey Nik, you don't have to be mean. I have gone to those boards and they really didn't give me any specifics. I thought that in asking people that have already "been there - done that" they might give me some insight that a FAQ board didn't.... Especially on this particular ship/cruise.

Thank you anyway...

Wasn't being mean. If you look at these boards and do a search, this question has been asked ALOT over the past few months. So there is lots of info that you can get very quickly. There are also packing lists, etc. that you can find here.

Thank you anyway...

Good for you - ask away. Did you know that if people like yourself and myself did not ask questions that had been asked before this board would not exist because everything has been asked and answered at some point. Nik did direct you to some good areas and I don't think it was his/her intention to come across rude but it sometimes happens if read with a certain tone of voice in mind. That being said - I always take plenty of $1s for tipping, fabric sheets to throw in drawers to freshen up - also to put in luggage under the bed for dirty laundry, suncream and aloe gel, oh ya maybe some clothes. Have a great cruise and like I said ask away.

enjoyed it very much.

You might want to bring some bug spray, while we didn't personally find it to be an issue, there are these little bugs on Roatan that can be annoying.

You'll be tendering in Grand Cayman (5 min or less ride to shore) and Belize (15-20 minute ride to and from shore), good to know if you are planning a non ship excursion, you should be walking off in the other 2 ports.

You can ask that the mini bar be emptied and you can use the fridge for your own personal beverages.

Security in tampa is easy to get thru, however they will make you throw away any opened beverages before you get on the ship, we got nailed by bringing quart size that we had just purchased and were sipping while waiting to get ready to board, 6 bottles of water down the drain, only $20 or so , but next time we carry those small 8 oz bottles and unopened bottles in our carryons

Depending on where you are staying , there are many places around to pick up a case of water, snacks, beer, wine close to most of the hotels, so you won;t have to fly heavy items. We found a Walgreens and purchased suntan lotions, cranberry juice (cozmos), tonic water (gin and tonics), wine, and so on. Just check on the net, and then google map the hotel area, or ask the hotel directly for whats around them.

Tom

First of all, congrats to your in-laws on their 50th!!!

Don't bring your inhibitions!

Don't bring half of the clothes you think you might need.

I've never brought an over-the-door organizer, but some people swear by them.

Enjoy!!!

I got the idea of bringing an over the door clear shoe bag from one of the posts on this site. It was soooo handy. Even DH was impressed. Everything was at my fingertips and it kept the bathroom counter top uncluttered. We had a lot of room in our bathroom, but the pocketed bag kept it all in one place. Will always travel with it ------ HIGHLY recommend it!

Every where I travel I bring a battery operated candle. You cannot bring real candles on board, and I hate having a major light on. I place it in the bathroom near a morror, and I've got some light to find the bathroom in the middle of the night. Place it in the cabin, and you have some ambiance.:):rolleyes:

Know what I wouldn't bring? My In-Laws! :D

Thank you all for the great ideas. This is what I was talking about when I asked what not to bring. I knew that I would get the inside scoop from some professional cruisers. Thank you all.... And I have to bring the in-laws - it's their anniversary - but good idea...

Archived