Abandoned ship

Gemini4321

Hi Mary,

I think many of the threads on here tend to wander off to anything but cruising.:D

I've had both Flu jabs, no side effects from either. Many of the girls in work had very stiff painful upper arms after, but they had it from occupational health nurse. I had mine in G.P. surgery off the nurse and had no problems.

DW was ill with flu like symptoms not long after I had it and I got the blame.

I'm not convinced this Swine Flu is as bad as they make out, (if it exists at all).

We have cancelled our cruise in Sept. and are off to Mexico to see the Mayan ruins before 2012. Anyway I was going through the hotel reviews on Tripadvisor and going all the way back to April / May last year when it broke out there are lots of comments from people saying they have seen no sign of anyone ill there.

Berwyn

Thanks for that Berwyn sorry to hijack thread but I thought I remembered you putting something on about vacin. wanted to ask cos they have sent for 3 year old grandaughter to have it and we are just a bit concerned about it.

Can't believe you've cancelled your cruise for a land based holiday. How will you cope without all the rocking and swaying:D

Mary

Thanks for that Berwyn sorry to hijack thread but I thought I remembered you putting something on about vacin. wanted to ask cos they have sent for 3 year old grandaughter to have it and we are just a bit concerned about it.

Can't believe you've cancelled your cruise for a land based holiday. How will you cope without all the rocking and swaying:D

Mary

Hi Mary,

I'm not happy about this sudden advertising about the little ones having it. if they wanted to do it, why not do it from the start?

I know about the cruise, but it was the only way we could get to see lots of them. We were thinking on going on the cruise and then going to Mexico next year, but we couldn't wait that long.

I looked at the Dream in the Caribbean next winter and like other cruise ships she only stops in 2 places in Mexico for a chance to see them. So we'd only get 2 day trips.This one is a week's tour around the big Mayan sites in Yucatan like Chichen Itza and Tulum then a week A.I. in a 5 star hotel to recover. It was £500 cheaper than the Dream cruise too, so we used the difference to upgrade seats for the long flight.

Berwyn

Mary

I'll have to sleep in a hammock and get DW to swing it to and fro while I'm asleep :D

At least Thomson's will still be getting the money even if it's not a cruise. It was in their Distant Shores brochure

Back to the jabs, it reminds me a bit of when we were pressurised to get the boys vaccinated with MMR about the end of the 1980's.

Berwyn

Hi Flopsy,

If we hadn't been on her, (or aboard on the Christmas Cruise), and was reading all this we'd be like you and play safe.

There is an email addy for the magazine. cruiseletters@cedarcom.co.uk . It's not just for letters according them. You could try it to see if you'll get one.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Tried the link and have just been notified delivery failure so unfortunately that didn't work. Will just have to try TA or wait and see if I get one in the post.

As regards SF vacin. for granddaughter we are 90% certain she won't be having it.

Mary

Hi Berwyn

Tried the link and have just been notified delivery failure so unfortunately that didn't work. Will just have to try TA or wait and see if I get one in the post.

As regards SF vacin. for granddaughter we are 90% certain she won't be having it.

Mary

Sorry Mary, I missed a letter out, it's cruisesletters@cedarcom.co.uk Looks like I need to go to Specsavers.

If you look at the death rates here too, all the ones have had "serious underlying healthproblems" according to news reports.

Berwyn

Sorry Mary, I missed a letter out, it's cruisesletters@cedarcom.co.uk Looks like I need to go to Specsavers.

If you look at the death rates here too, all the ones have had "serious underlying healthproblems" according to news reports.

Berwyn

Thanks I have tried again see what happens now. We crossed messages last time. I like your bit about the hammock I'm sure DW will agree to that:D

Yes thats what we thought about jab and don't like idea of little ones trying it out. I just don't think it's been out long enough yet to give it to small children.

Mary

Thanks I have tried again see what happens now. We crossed messages last time. I like your bit about the hammock I'm sure DW will agree to that:D

Yes thats what we thought about jab and don't like idea of little ones trying it out. I just don't think it's been out long enough yet to give it to small children.

Mary

I've just sent them an email too as a test.

With us being older and having the flu before when the last big epidemic was around I didn't really need it, but being a nurse I didn't have much choice.

Also what else are they putting in there that they aren't telling us about?

Berwyn

Hi All,

After all the bad reviews I was getting very worried about ours in June, we thought long and hard and as it my 50th Birthday and we want this to be a memorable in the right way we decided today to change our cruise from Island Escape to the Dream, didn't cost us that much more.

Sue

Just back from a cruise on this ship (18th January) we went to the Canaries and Agadir they had problems before we went on the ship. On the Friday before we joined the ship they had an outbreak of Norovirus this happened again after we had been on the ship for 5 days so in Tenerife everyone was giving free trips and made to leave the ship for a few hours..

We were in cabin 7019 inside cabin - beds were made into a double bed and the room was always kept clean . Ports were sometimes quite a walk from the towns and in Agadir not recommended

Just back from a cruise on this ship (18th January) we went to the Canaries and Agadir they had problems before we went on the ship. On the Friday before we joined the ship they had an outbreak of Norovirus this happened again after we had been on the ship for 5 days so in Tenerife everyone was giving free trips and made to leave the ship for a few hours..

We were in cabin 7019 inside cabin - beds were made into a double bed and the room was always kept clean . Ports were sometimes quite a walk from the towns and in Agadir not recommended

Looks like they still have problems then :(

mrs.c

At the moment lots of Hospitals in the UK are experiencing Novo Virus?? dont here much of it in the news do we?

To prevent spreading the virus people are advised to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly.

Last time I was on the IE there was loads of People just walking straight into all the eating area's and not using the gel that helps stop this?

I even witnessed some old bloke after using the toilet just walking straight out and not washing his hands..this makes me mad :mad:

At the moment lots of Hospitals in the UK are experiencing Novo Virus?? dont here much of it in the news do we?

Last time I was on the IE there was loads of People just walking straight into all the eating area's and not using the gel that helps stop this?

I even witnessed some old bloke after using the toilet just walking straight out and not washing his hands..this makes me mad :mad:

It was still happening last month too R.R. And probably the same on Fred Olsen's ships too, causing them to have repeated bouts of it.

So we customers have only ourselves to blame for most of it.

Berwyn

They even have staff on at the entrance and still people will ignore them and the hand gel :mad: they should not get fed in that case

mrs.c

Definitely.

Royal Caribbean had this tiny Asian crew member manning it and nobody argued with or got past her.

Berwyn

Unfortunately RR this won`t be happening as I/we have jumped ship to the Dream:(..Long story but lets just say its to keep the peace

HO, Ho Jim,

That sounds like us, but we moved over from Destiny. DW got spoilt by the bigger Royal Caribbean ship last year.

Berwyn

HO, Ho Jim,

That sounds like us, but we moved over from Destiny. DW got spoilt by the bigger Royal Caribbean ship last year.

Berwyn

Theres seems to be a few I think

Never mind Jim, Will have to find some other sucker to con some drinks out of...

:D

anyway I'm sure you will have a good holiday ;):D have a good one :D

Thanks and you too

Just had an email from Thomsons here is part of it ,these are their words ,

We're aware that there were problems with the toilets onboard the Island Escape and I'm sorry that you were affected by this. These issues are being investigated as a separate matter and the ship has been removed from our fleet and is currently undergoing a refit.

so what do you make of that :(

Nope ..not going to change because 1 cruise was bad?? besides I like the IE :D and were taking the outlaws..maybe they wont come again ;)

I'm with you RR. While I'm sorry they had a bad cruise I love the old boat and the crew.

I'd be quite happy to go on her every time and the boys too. But DW has been enticed by the larger newer ships.:(

Berwyn

Archived