dream adult only pool what age do they consider adult...

dis2cruise

No problem with the under 21 crowd being in the bars and what not. My thing is that there is limited space in the Sernity area and it's being tagged as an adult only oasis from the rest of the ship. My experience with adult only resorts is the age limit is higher then 18 years old. Some clubs in major cities like Vegas, New York, Toronto even only cater to an over 25 years old group, so I don't think its a unique concept.

I wouldn't say they cater to them specifically, more that it's their preferred clientele. And usually they way they weed out the youngsters is by making them prove they can afford bottle service via a credit card limit. But yeah, there is limited space. I guess they're trying to give the In-Between-ers (too young to drink, old enough to gamble, too old for the teen club) some place to go.

That is correct ;)

Im 4th gen Navy when I enlisted my 2 step brothers thought i was a wimp since they wanted to join the Marines

When they joined a couple years later they found out dont mes with Doc:D There attitude changed Especially during Afghani the older one has since retired and the younger is on his third deploy and he is a weekend warrior:confused:

God bless your husband and daughter and know that whoever is their DOC hes got their Backsmiley3383.gif

Im 4th gen Navy when I enlisted my 2 step brothers thought i was a wimp since they wanted to join the Marines

When they joined a couple years later they found out dont mes with Doc:D There attitude changed Especially during Afghani the older one has since retired and the younger is on his third deploy and he is a weekend warrior:confused:

God bless your husband and daughter and know that whoever is their DOC hes got their Backsmiley3383.gif

Thanks ~ Thank you for your service as well :)

• 4 weeks later...

Straight from the website of Carnival:

"Serenity is a tranquil space in a wonderful ocean-going oasis of relaxation and comfort. This adults-only area is available to guests 21 years of age and older and features everything necessary to create the perfect "me-time" moments.

Take advantage of the complete bar service provided by attentive waiters as you recline in the sun or under colorful, oversized umbrellas. Feel at ease in the separate shaded area. Or, enjoy a lovely dip in one of the beautiful whirlpools. All this, while listening to a variety of soothing music.

So cater to your need to relax and take in the ocean view, while enjoying the comforts of this kid-free haven."

If nothing else, this serves to answer the question as to what age Carnival believes is an adult.

I think thats B.S.

I will be traveling with my adult daughter (20 y.o) and her and I planned on having some relaxing time together. I don't see any reason why she should not be allowed to hang with me and relax without having kids around. I will still bring her ther and if she begins to act up as a child then I will gladly remove her from the situation. until then... save us a seat please:p

I think thats B.S.

I will be traveling with my adult daughter (20 y.o) and her and I planned on having some relaxing time together. I don't see any reason why she should not be allowed to hang with me and relax without having kids around. I will still bring her ther and if she begins to act up as a child then I will gladly remove her from the situation. until then... save us a seat please:p

Our 17 year old daughter had no trouble going to adult only areas or even getting served with me at the bars. She wore my old lady shorts and top...no "kid" clothes, piercings etc. Put her in a one piece bathing suit with a skirt and no one will be the wiser. Most of the time it's behavior and what they are wearing that tips people off to how old they are. Well behaved and wearing conservative clothes, no one will "proof" her getting into a chaise lounge.

Our 17 year old daughter had no trouble going to adult only areas or even getting served with me at the bars. She wore my old lady shorts and top...no "kid" clothes, piercings etc. Put her in a one piece bathing suit with a skirt and no one will be the wiser. Most of the time it's behavior and what they are wearing that tips people off to how old they are. Well behaved and wearing conservative clothes, no one will "proof" her getting into a chaise lounge.

Oh Great..

A New Smugglers thread on how to smuggle kids in an adult area!:rolleyes:

Where's G'ma???

Wow so much debate on what everyone THINKS adults only age is, till someone posted the RULE and then of course there are the "well that doesn't count for MY child crowd" :rolleyes:

Your 17 or 20 year old will probably not splash me in the face while I'm trying to enjoy my nice soak in the hot tub, but if they break the rules for one, here comes 10 more 17 year olds and they WILL horseplay because that is what they do, it's normal for them.

Why can't people just be happy with the spaces that are allowed them, why do they feel so entitled to barge in to MY adult space??????

I like kids, I do, but when I want to relax I don't think I should have to deal with your kids, I've raised mine!!!

OK off the soap box and on to happy thoughts, like a place with no snow!!!!

Carole

BTW I don't use the pools or hot tubs anyway but the point is if I did I should be entitled to my space without you and your kids invading it, I also paid for my cruise and the adults only areas are by far fewer than the everyone's welcome spaces. It's the principle of the thing.

Just returned from the DREAM jan 9th sailing and there is NO adult only pool. The serenity area which is adult only, has 2 hot tubs, one port and one starboard side. Now, there is the Thalasso pool in the spa area which you have to pay extra for unless you are staying in a Spa cabin. Kids are not allowed in there due to the minerals present in the water and the temperature of it as well. 105 degrees. Hope this helps.

Are you basing this on the fact that there were kids in the aft pool?

Certainly wouldn't be the first (or last) policy that was not enforced.

In reading some of the Dream Capers the aft pool is indicated as adult only.

Of course, these things can change.

Just askin'

Are you basing this on the fact that there were kids in the aft pool?

Certainly wouldn't be the first (or last) policy that was not enforced.

In reading some of the Dream Capers the aft pool is indicated as adult only.

Of course, these things can change.

Just askin'

Just read some more recent Capers and low and behold there's no mention of adult only pool.

Just keep in mind that these things can change.

Wow so much debate on what everyone THINKS adults only age is, till someone posted the RULE and then of course there are the "well that doesn't count for MY child crowd" :rolleyes:

Your 17 or 20 year old will probably not splash me in the face while I'm trying to enjoy my nice soak in the hot tub, but if they break the rules for one, here comes 10 more 17 year olds and they WILL horseplay because that is what they do, it's normal for them.

Why can't people just be happy with the spaces that are allowed them, why do they feel so entitled to barge in to MY adult space??????

I like kids, I do, but when I want to relax I don't think I should have to deal with your kids, I've raised mine!!!

OK off the soap box and on to happy thoughts, like a place with no snow!!!!

Carole

BTW I don't use the pools or hot tubs anyway but the point is if I did I should be entitled to my space without you and your kids invading it, I also paid for my cruise and the adults only areas are by far fewer than the everyone's welcome spaces. It's the principle of the thing.

I agree with just about everything you are saying.. Yes if my daughter was on the cruise with 10 of her friends, I wouldn't want to be with them either. However it is just her and I and she can be very mello. I don't like screaming children around me at all times either. I thought it would be nice for her and I to just sit and relax and do not see any reason why we can't do that in the adults only section. Afterall she IS an adult. It's funny how we allow these "adults" to do all sorts of IMPOTANT things, pay taxes, vote for the president of the United States of AMERICA, fight for our freedom etc. All things that adults should only be allowed to do. Yet we call them "children" or "kids" when we don't want them in our space. Sounds strange to me. I did raise my child and now she is an adult and I want her next to me on MY vacation. I know there are rules on the ship. Most of you have already admited to "smuggling" so please don't attack me for breaking 1 small rule. If she was 17 I wouldn't even think of breaking this rule. 17 IS a child!

[quote name='nutley chick']I agree with just about everything you are saying.. Yes if my daughter was on the cruise with 10 of her friends, I wouldn't want to be with them either. However it is just her and I and she can be very mello. I don't like screaming children around me at all times either. I thought it would be nice for her and I to just sit and relax and do not see any reason why we can't do that in the adults only section. Afterall she IS an adult. It's funny how we allow these "adults" to do all sorts of IMPOTANT things, pay taxes, vote for the president of the United States of AMERICA, fight for our freedom etc. All things that adults should only be allowed to do. Yet we call them "children" or "kids" when we don't want them in our space. Sounds strange to me. I did raise my child and now she is an adult and I want her next to me on MY vacation. I know there are rules on the ship.[COLOR=red] [B]Most of you have already admited to "smuggling" so please don't attack me for breaking 1 small rule.[/B][/COLOR] If she was 17 I wouldn't even think of breaking this rule. 17 IS a child![/quote]

[COLOR=black][B][U]Nutley chick:[/U][/B] First off... I don't smuggle. I don't drink nor smoke. I drive the speed limit and do my best to obey the laws of the land. I do not think that I am any more 'righteous' than anyone else. I am not 'high and mighty' as some people post about those of us who follow Carnival's rules. I am simply trying my hardest to live my life ([U][I]not yours[/I][/U]) the way that I think God would want [U][I]me[/I][/U] to. But ... rules are rules. They still apply to you and your daughter. If the age is 21, then your daughter should not be there. [B]There are so many other places that the two of you can spend quiet time together[/B][U][I].[/I][/U] Do I believe Carnival is right in that? Not necessarily! Depends on the 'adult' and his/her behavior. Some 18-20 year olds are more mature and better mannered than some older generations (mine included!) I have seen on cruises! However, if Carnival allows one under the age of 21, then as another poster said... more will be allowed. Where should they draw the line? 20? 19? 18, 17, 16? [B]What one parent might believe is 'acceptable' behavior in their adult 'child',[/B] (and I use that term not in a derogatory way!) [B]another might not.[/B] With that being said ... I wouldn't say anything if we were sharing the hot tub and your daughter was well mannered. I would hope that we would have other things to talk about... as I love to make new friends while cruising! :) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][B][U]Conchead:[/U][/B] You said; "I think anyone under 21 showing Military ID should be allowed." I agree to the most part in that too. However, having a 'son/daughter' in the military at age 18/19 doesn't automatically mean that they are all grown up (esp right after basic). You should have seen the group of soldiers that decided to have a good time after training on one of our cruises! The oldest was 20 and their behavior was all over the place. Drinking, swearing, girl-chasing, etc... the stories they would tell at the dinner table! Made me blush many times over... I'm sure they were all good kids [B][U]but still kids[/U][/B] nether-the-less going for that last hurrah. Sharing my adult serenity hot tub with them would have been difficult to say the least... just my thoughts.[/COLOR]

[quote name='nutley chick']I agree with just about everything you are saying.. Yes if my daughter was on the cruise with 10 of her friends, I wouldn't want to be with them either. However it is just her and I and she can be very mello. I don't like screaming children around me at all times either. I thought it would be nice for her and I to just sit and relax and do not see any reason why we can't do that in the adults only section. Afterall she IS an adult. It's funny how we allow these "adults" to do all sorts of IMPOTANT things, pay taxes, vote for the president of the United States of AMERICA, fight for our freedom etc. All things that adults should only be allowed to do. Yet we call them "children" or "kids" when we don't want them in our space. Sounds strange to me. I did raise my child and now she is an adult and I want her next to me on MY vacation. I know there are rules on the ship. Most of you have already admited to "smuggling" so please don't attack me for breaking 1 small rule. If she was 17 I wouldn't even think of breaking this rule. 17 IS a child![/quote]
Nutley, I seriously doubt that they would even question if your 20 year old was an adult, and truthfully? I really wouldn't care if she was there with you OR if she was having a DOD with you. I guess my only peeve is when the people are like "well my 10 year old can conduct themselves like an adult and they should be able to come in too" which is STUPID, it's an ADULT area and the adults are certainly not allowed in Club O2, even if I do act like a teenager sometimes, should I be allowed in there? No, it's the teens space and adults should respect that, but Carnival enforces that rule (rightly so for the kids protection), the adults should have their space too.
So I don't think you disagree with me at all, but what I say is, if you want your mostly adult child in the adults only areas, then just do it and don't brag about it or argue, if you want to give your 18 year old a beer then do it and stop shoving it down other peoples throats that the rules don't mean them.
Do I smuggle? I've admitted to anyone that I always bring a small bottle of Baileys with me on the cruise, the bon voyage does not sell Baileys but some "other brand" of irish cream and I only like Baileys. Is it wrong? Yeah it is but I will continue to do it until they start selling Baileys through the Bon Voyage. I would rather buy it through them because it's much more convenient and truthfully I am a believer in laws and rules, but they need to have a better variety of what they sell, if it's in the shop to buy they should sell it through the Bon Voyage. But my smuggled bottle of Baileys does not interfer with your right to quiet, privacy or enjoyment of your cruise, so to me it's apples and oranges your comparing.

Cheers, Carole

Archived