Port charges

cruiseawaits

Do the prices on the Carnival site include port charges? I know that they do not include taxes(that line is added in before total appears), but I was under the impression that the fare quoted includes price of cabin category per person plus port charges. Please clarify this for me.

port charges have to be included in the fare since back in the 1990s when there was a class action FL AG law suit that it was deceptive not to include them, because they are such a high amount.

All cruiselines now include port charges in the cruise fare. Only taxes and fees are added on, (not port charges).

Don't try to break it down. Base your price comparisons on the total due to sail. If a TA won't give you a total bottom line price, then use someone else.

Agreed. I am a travel agent. Any travel agent should be able to, and should give you the total price, your cost. For an agent it is easy to see the base cruise fare + govt fees and taxes = your total cost (per person).

Breaking it down, line item by line item is exahusting and rather time consuming. You would be amazed.

$ .83

$ 1.50

$45.00

$29.

etc.

etc.

etc.

for this that and other things, Port Authority, this tax, that tax, docking fee, entry fee, for each port and varies by country and port of call, it will drive you nuts, and it is useless information that does not matter. That is why it is lumped as govt fees and taxes.

When comparing prices be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Remember gratuities are not included in your total cost. I recommend one pre-pays those, get it out of the way upfront, before sailing. It is such a downer to see it on your final bill, esspecially if one spends more than budgeted.

Archived