Not the way I wanted to end the cruise

Pam in CA

Pam thanks for your answer to my question of having family get a message to you on Coral. Mom (my husband's mother) passed very quickly today and we will go to Florida tomorrow to prepare for a memorial service later in the spring. We leave a week from tomorrow for cruise and so will have just enough time to do what we have to do and get home to leave again. Sometimes sad times come but it helps to have good friends and family.
Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Oh Pam, I am so sorry. I just read the news. I'm glad your family is holding up well, laughter can get you through anything. I'm happy he was able to make it almost the whole cruise, it will give you and your sister those happy memories to reflect on. My whole family was keeping their fingers crossed for a better outcome, please know you and your family are in our thoughts. I hope she continues cruising, it will help to keep the memories alive. -Val-

Best wishes to you and your family. As an ICU nurse I can truly say he is in good hands being in a ICU setting after surgery. I was sitting here with stomach cramps myself and wondering if I should purchase insurance for our future 10 days cruise. Well GOD works in mysterious ways because your thread was one of the first I read. Let me know if I can help.

Faith

Pam,

I also want to thank you for sharing this experience with us as it did have a huge impact on all of us as we could all see ourselves in a similar situation. For example, this thread prompted me to get my will, power of attorney and medical power of attorney done (I didn't have any of this done). I am also in the process of getting all of my paperwork in order (life insurance, stocks, etc..) all in one place so that if something would happen - my loved ones won't have to struggle to try to figure out what the heck I did.

We all hope that something like this will never happen but we must prepare in case something does.

My prayers are with you, Nancy and your entire family right now. I am so glad that Nancy has a great support system.

I agree with you about living life to the fullest as we never know what tomorrow may bring.

Best wishes to your daughter with her surgery coming up.

Theresa

I wish I could personally thank each and every one of you for your support, thoughts and prayers. You have made a difference. Now, it's time to move on to happier subjects, such as cruising. As we go through the insurance process, I will start a new thread as I believe it's important for people to make informed decisions. I know that the choices and options can be overwhelming and confusing.

I am asking the moderators to please close this thread.

Archived