Bannister Island with Eco Tours

Annie3131

Hello all,

I've been researching the best local operator for Bannister Island. We have 2 who want to snorkel and go to the beach and 2 who just want beach. It seems that it's cheaper to just hop off the boat and book it. (with Eco tours) My only concern is that we are there during spring break (this March) Should I book ahead or just book once we get there?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Annie

Hello all,

I've been researching the best local operator for Bannister Island. We have 2 who want to snorkel and go to the beach and 2 who just want beach. It seems that it's cheaper to just hop off the boat and book it. (with Eco tours) My only concern is that we are there during spring break (this March) Should I book ahead or just book once we get there?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Annie

We always book ahead. Went on an excursion with Eco tours last week. Great oufit and super nice people.

Pretty normal beach bar/restaurant fare on the menu....burgers , chicken fingers , some tasty fish bites , etc. I did have the Carribean lobster though...20 dollars for the larger one...was actaully quite good. All in all...was kind of impressed for a small island venue. The help on the island was friendly...big bar , nice eating area. We enjoyed our time there...allbeit just 3 hours.

Curious about the price to Bannister Island for the day? We prefer to get off the ship and book b/c you never know what the weather will be in Belize that day. We were there 2 years ago and it rained all day, glad we did not have a beach trip preplanned because it would have been a bust and loss of money! How long does it take to get to Bannister Island from the tender dock?

I think you should worry more about how much time it will take you to get to Belize from your ship then to Bannister from land. You have to tender in to belize quite a distance(15 to 20 min each way). Cuts into your time at bannister. For a few dollars more you can take your ships excursion there directly and have more time on bannister. Don't forget time waiting between boat rides.

We had booked a trip with Coral Breezes to Bannister Island - they cancelled the tour this morning saying we were the only people who booked. They suggested Ecotour = we are only a week away from our cruise - I emailed Ecotour and they got back to me within minutes.

They told me they would not charge the credit card if we wanted to pay cash when we got there - also - The price is $49.00, but if you book on the internet they charge $40.00, which was very nice. Happy to know we are going to Bannister Island....

We had booked a trip with Coral Breezes to Bannister Island - they cancelled the tour this morning saying we were the only people who booked. They suggested Ecotour = we are only a week away from our cruise - I emailed Ecotour and they got back to me within minutes.

They told me they would not charge the credit card if we wanted to pay cash when we got there - also - The price is $49.00, but if you book on the internet they charge $40.00, which was very nice. Happy to know we are going to Bannister Island....

We are sailing on Norwegian Jewel on the 21st of this month. Plan is to go to Bannister Island, but I'm not sure I want to book before we go or not. Anxious to hear how it went...looking forward to your cruise review.

I think you should worry more about how much time it will take you to get to Belize from your ship then to Bannister from land. You have to tender in to belize quite a distance(15 to 20 min each way). Cuts into your time at bannister. For a few dollars more you can take your ships excursion there directly and have more time on bannister. Don't forget time waiting between boat rides.

Hard to believe, but it seems like the ship's excursion is a better value. I think its only about $4 more per/person and you go directly to Bannister.

I dont want to book now because I have some OBC to spend.

For those who asked, Carnival Valor (and probably their other ships too) does not offer this tour.

The eco tours website shows the price as being $49 for adults, I don't see where it's $40 if you pay online.

We just booked with EcoTours since Carnival doesn't offer Bannister. The website said $35 for only the beach break and I think $25 per child maybe. Anyway, they e-mailed me back and said they would give it to us for $30 per adult and $10 per child. Sure seems to be a good value.

I received the same email response from ecotoursbelize...$40 for snorkel and beach and $30 for beach only, and no credit card charge for the 20% deposit. The website states $49 for snorkel and $35 for beach only. The Carnival excursion is $69 and goes by a different name, but I think to the same place.

We are sailing on Norwegian Jewel on the 21st of this month. Plan is to go to Bannister Island, but I'm not sure I want to book before we go or not. Anxious to hear how it went...looking forward to your cruise review.

Do you know if the jewel offers this island straight from the ship? I booked the catamaran snorkel and beach break through ncl but this boat will hold 100 people. I only did it to save the time from tendering. I am hearing conflicting reports of how long the tender ride is.

Hard to believe, but it seems like the ship's excursion is a better value. I think its only about $4 more per/person and you go directly to Bannister.

I dont want to book now because I have some OBC to spend.

I called NCL, and you still have to tender in. Then, they pick you up at the pier and put you in a different boat to take you to Bannister Island. I think there is some confusion on this.:confused:

Archived