Two Questions--Legend

Chowder_17

I have two questions for you experienced cruisers...

1. I've read somewhere that if you reuse the souvenir glass that you get a discount on the drinks? Is that true and is it for the DOD or the Carnival signature drink?

2. In some of the capers I've read for Belize that they don't offer tender tickets for those who didn't book excursions through Carnival starting at 9:30AM, yet we arrive at 8AM. I booked a non-Carnival tour and need an early tender ticket. How do I go about getting one?

Thanks!!!!

1. I've read somewhere that if you reuse the souvenir glass that you get a discount on the drinks? Is that true and is it for the DOD or the Carnival signature drink?

2. In some of the capers I've read for Belize that they don't offer tender tickets for those who didn't book excursions through Carnival starting at 9:30AM, yet we arrive at 8AM. I booked a non-Carnival tour and need an early tender ticket. How do I go about getting one?

Thanks!!!!

DW and I were on Legend in December. We reused souvenir glasses and got our drinks for $5.50 or $5.95, plus tip. I think we just did drink of the day.

Can't answer No. 2 because we did a Carnival excursion, but they were letting non-carnival people in the lounge early to get tender numbers to get on the boats. The ride over isn't too long, about 15 minutes or so.

Thanks!!!!

We had a private tour in Belize on the Legend and we were able to get on one of the first tenders leaving the ship without any problems. We just went down to the wherever the Capers said to meet and got a sticker the same as everyone else. Just tell them you have a private tour, and make sure you have everyone in your group with you and ready to leave.

Thanks!!!!

1. It's a discount on the DOD. Actually, you aren't buying another plastic cup is what the discount amounts to.

2. Carnival will tender guests that have thier excursions booked thru Carnival first and then everyone else. Get to the lounge early to get your tender ticket. When we were in Belize the girl thought we said Carnival excursion and didn't check for excursion tickets and we were on the first tender. I remember the line of people with non Carnival excursions that were pretty PO'ed at the way this was handled.

Thanks!!!!

1. The drink of the day will be cheaper if you bring your souvenier glass with you and they will swap it for a fresh one. It is not a big difference.

2. In Belize we headed down before breakfast, got our tender tickets and then went to the buffet. After we ate we returned to the tendering area and waited for our group. First they let the Carnival tours off then we got to go.

Ok, so its JUST on the DOD and not the signature drink?

I will just get to the tender boarding early and hope for the best. I know there are others during the Major Tom excursion and they will wait for everyone, so even if I don't get the 1st tender I should be ok.

our ship-sponsored excursion waited for group of 6 who missed the early tender in port.

as other said, get there pronto to get a sticker, it's organized chaos;). They do try to separate the early ship excursion from the others, but we observed several guests just pushing their way into line to get onto early tender who had different stickers.

We didn't have a ship excursion booked in Belize however still got off the ship no problem. The only thing I can't remember was whether it was first or not...

Not alot to do in terms of shopping or sight seeing in the port area. If you just want to get off the ship to stretch your legs and do some light shopping that's probably all you'll manage. Wasn't overly impressed to say the least.

Bud

You are going to have a great time with Major Tom. I did his tour 2 years in a row!! Just bring your confirmation for Major Tom's tour and show it to the crew at the tender location and they will let you off with the Carnival tour guest...I did this both times....no problem. Have fun:o

Archived