Luggage tags now given out at the pier?????

happycruiser1942

We just received our documents for are up coming trip and instead of having the luggage tags there was a card telling us that they are now given out at the pier. Has anyone had to do this yet? How much longer does it take to check in now?:confused:

Do not worry. You either have a person in the check in line who has them or the porters do. It takes 2 minutes to fill out and then the porters take your luggage so no slow downs.

Thanks! I feel better now knowing that this is normal and we won't have a problem.:p

We didn't have luggage tags also, and told to pick them up at the pier. We got a sample of the luggage tag with our e-documents. The sample tag had our room number and quadrant of the ship, etc, so they would know which elevator closest to your stateroom to put the bags on.

I wasn't happy not having luggage tags, so I printed out copies of the sample template and put clear plastic tape over it and attached the tag to each piece of our luggage. Boy, am I glad I did. The luggage tags at the pier were flimsy paper, hand written on the spot, and I was concerned they might fall apart in transit onto the ship.

I e-mailed our TA today and got an instant reply.

1. TA's have nothing to do with whether you get e-docs or not.

2. Once you are authorized to print out the e-docs there is a tab to request luggage tags. Everyone can get them.

So, that's our answer. We were also told the e-docs should be available about 45 days prior to the cruise.

I intend to request them and have already contacted Celebrity. Makes life so much easier if you have them on your luggage when you arrive.

Hope this helps a little.

Pat C

Once you are authorized to print out the e-docs there is a tab to request luggage tags. Everyone can get them.

There are some upcoming sailings for which their is no option--on line [either via Reservation Management or On-Line Check-In] or via phone--of requesting luggage tags [which typically would have been supplied with the paper documents] in advance.

I've spoken with Celebrity about the situation twice to no avail...

I e-mailed our TA today and got an instant reply.

1. TA's have nothing to do with whether you get e-docs or not.

2. Once you are authorized to print out the e-docs there is a tab to request luggage tags. Everyone can get them.

So, that's our answer. We were also told the e-docs should be available about 45 days prior to the cruise.

I intend to request them and have already contacted Celebrity. Makes life so much easier if you have them on your luggage when you arrive.

Hope this helps a little.

Pat C

TAs can request which kinds of documents you get when they handle your reservation. I had to go through our TA in Sept to get luggage tags. Our TA figured out that if the TA doesn't specify when making the reservation, it defaults to electronic documents.

We have the same situation for our Azamara cruise in a couple of weeks. We received paper documents but there was a note saying :

Due to material issues we are unable to include ship luggage tags within this booklet. Ship luggage tags are available from our porters at the pier on the day of ship boarding.

Your express pass will provide luggage tag information that will assisit you in completing these tags at the pier.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause you.

We just received our documents for are up coming trip and instead of having the luggage tags there was a card telling us that they are now given out at the pier. Has anyone had to do this yet? How much longer does it take to check in now?:confused:

Takes about 5 minutes or it did for us. No problem at all. They asked for our cabin Number and affixed the tags and we were off.

Archived