Do Prices Go Up?

hvyhttr21

I have never noticed a trend at tax time.

Prices go up and down based on supply and demand. If the ship is not

selling up as per norm at X days out. Then price goes down.

I watch my prices often and have seen prices go up and back down and back

up in just a few days.

I haven't notice that. But I think prices are based on the time of the year you cruise and the availability of the rooms on that particular ship.

If you want to cruise this time of year its actually cheaper, the summer months are the most expensive.

You might notice also that a lot of times they will make lower catgys higher priced than upper catgys to fill the upper cabins, so they can turn around closer to the cruise date and sell the lower cabins at a lower rate to fill the ship up.

Not sure about taxt time, but we did make the observation when right around new years, the Travel Channel was running a full day cruise special, specifically the Samantha Brown ones, and suddenly all the Carnival cruise prices had drastically dropped. Then the very next day, right back up to where they were.

Not sure about taxt time, but we did make the observation when right around new years, the Travel Channel was running a full day cruise special, specifically the Samantha Brown ones, and suddenly all the Carnival cruise prices had drastically dropped. Then the very next day, right back up to where they were.

I watched those episodes with my girlfriend. She has never done a cruise, but I have. After watching Samantha Brown, she said, "ok...let's do it." About 3 hours later, we were booked on the Triumph, 29 March 2010. Had to do spring break because she is a teacher.

I booked Dream for Xmas/NYE around 2 weeks ago. I check the prices several times a day, as this is an expensive time to cruise, and I usually get a price drop or 2, as we book so early. I checked the price around 2 p.m yesterday - I then checked it again around 5 p.m. - and the price WENT UP around $2,000!:eek: I actually thought there was a glitch in the system. I have been checking several times today, and the price is still the same $2,000 more. I really don't think it has anything to do with tax refunds. As all have said, supply and demand regulates most prices with cruises.

I noticed prices will go higher aft4er the holidays-- (the second week in Janaury)

People dont book summer vacations when they are concentrating on the holidays- now they are over they are looking for something in the summer.

If you see something you like--book it and watch for price drops

Do they go up now that it is tax refund time? Has anyone ever noticed this before?

haven't noticed it in reation to tax refund time. seems to have more to do with how well the ship is filling. they may drop the price to boost sales, then raise it again when goal is met.

Do they go up now that it is tax refund time? Has anyone ever noticed this before?

This is "wave" season is why prices are heading up (not because its tax time). Wave season is when everyone says, hey its winter, I want to cruise and books most of the cruises for the year. Google wave season for cruising and you can get the cruise critic link to their little article on wave season.

my price went thru the roof ... Im cruising today.

Archived