Advice Paris to Dover

Advice please. I am leaving Paris for Dover where I will board a ship for a TransAtlanice cruise.

Can anyone please tell me are there frequent trains? (cost?) Does a bus take you to the ferry and is the bus free? How much is the ferry.

Any good suggestions for a nice 2 or 3 star place to stay overnight in Dover? Do any hotels provide transportation to docks?

Dennis

Advice please. I am leaving Paris for Dover where I will board a ship for a TransAtlanice cruise.

Can anyone please tell me are there frequent trains? (cost?) Does a bus take you to the ferry and is the bus free? How much is the ferry.

Any good suggestions for a nice 2 or 3 star place to stay overnight in Dover? Do any hotels provide transportation to docks?

Dennis

I think all your transport questions are answered on here http://www.seat61.com/London-Paris-ferry.htm

so I won't bother re iterating them. Obviously although this is titled London - Paris, the other direction is shown and you just stop at Dover. Sorry, can't help with the hotels.

Simon

Dennis

I would stay at the Premier Inn Dover.

There are no free shuttles of any kind in Dover. Your hotel will just call a taxi. A taxi ride in Dover between ferry terminals, cruise terminals, train and bus station will all be about the equivalent of $10 .

There is bus shuttle between ferry terminal and train station but that is not free.

(The Ferry Terminal is about 2 miles from the cruise terminals)

I think all your transport questions are answered on here http://www.seat61.com/London-Paris-ferry.htm

so I won't bother re iterating them. Obviously although this is titled London - Paris, the other direction is shown and you just stop at Dover. Sorry, can't help with the hotels.

Simon

Thank You Simon..Very helpful.

Dennis

I would stay at the Premier Inn Dover.

There are no free shuttles of any kind in Dover. Your hotel will just call a taxi. A taxi ride in Dover between ferry terminals, cruise terminals, train and bus station will all be about the equivalent of $10 .

There is bus shuttle between ferry terminal and train station but that is not free.

(The Ferry Terminal is about 2 miles from the cruise terminals)

Thank you for the good information..The Premier In looks just fine..

Dennis

Archived