Potty trained, but what about wiping?

red lobster

We are taking our just turned 3 yr. old Grandson on NCL and he never has wanted to stay at the kids club before, but he may want to this trip. I am not worried about him using the restroom, but will they help him wipe if he needs to go? He calls us when he is finished using the potty to help him.

We are taking our just turned 3 yr. old Grandson on NCL and he never has wanted to stay at the kids club before, but he may want to this trip. I am not worried about him using the restroom, but will they help him wipe if he needs to go? He calls us when he is finished using the potty to help him.

When is your cruise? Maybe a few intensive lessons on how to wipe are in order, before you go!

No, they won't. When you drop him off let them know and then they will be able to get a hold of you. They'll basically treat it like a diaper change.

I'm in the same boat - we are the wipers. Fortunately for us, his big brother (both 10) will be there and they can help him.

Thanks for the answers, I kind of thought that would be the answer and really I don't know if he will even want to stay. If they would page us that would be fine it would be no problem to go and help him if they allow that.

I would teach him how. I am a preschool teacher for 3 and 4 year olds and they are able to do a fairly good job. Not perfect but enough to where the undies don't get dirty. You can always give him a good wipe down later. I help wipe kiddos but I can't imagine letting a stranger wipe my kids. That would be really weird. Is he not a poop at home kind of kid? My little one won't poop at school but she does know how to wipe pretty well. Just tell him to keep wiping until the paper stays clean. Boys are much easier with this than girls.

Monica

Depends on the cruiseline. On RCI, the kids MUST be able to perform all bathroom duties on their own....including wiping, buttoning, zipping....etc..

Yes, but...RCI has been really good when we've cruised DD is totally PT, but is tiny, even at 4, has trouble getting "up". They do help her if needed. (I asked)

Archived