The 8th floor rooms

zoe girl

We just got off the Wonder and loved it except for our room location. I have cruised several times and have never had such a noisy room. It was awful. We didn't sleep through the night once. Thank God we didn't have little kids. I normally NEVER book a room under the pool deck however when I saw that all the suites were on the 8th floor I wasn't concerned. I figured the ceilings would be insulated. Just to let you know they're not. We called customer relations and they acted like we were crazy and that nobody else had or has complained. The last night we spoke to our neighbors and they had complained as well. Since they were in a suite they had a visit from the Captain with a promise that the noise would stop. Unfortunately it didn't. I hate to even post this however I want anyone considering booking on the 8th to think again. If you're a heavy sleeper you might sleep. We were midship. Possibly other areas are better however not where we were.

We've had 8th deck accommodations on our last two cruises. One was a suite all the way aft on the port side (think "right under Topsiders") and the other was midship on the starboard side. We never noticed any noise other than normal foot traffic in the hallway outside the door. We never noticed any noise coming from above us.

We stayed in 8032, midships port, and around 6:00 am every day we heard the scraping of pool chairs being moved around. We would also often hear ping pong balls being dropped in the afternoon.

Fortunately we are fairly early risers, so it only really bothered us once or twice during the week.

Your not alone,

many people had complaints about noise on deck 8 due to the crew cleaning the decks at night and moving all the chairs around.

The farthest aft and as far forward as you can get are the best places for the least noise since they dont have open decks above that have furniture to move.

Sorry you didnt know this ahead of time. It has been discussed several times in the past but its good to bring it up again so new people will be warned about it.

When we made our reservations we asked for room 6520. Not too long ago we realized we'd been upgraded to 8520 and were initially thrilled but now it doesn't sound like such a good deal :-( I think we're under the Quiet Cove pool; hope that isn't too noisy.

i would call disney tomorrow and ask what's above you. if it's the adult pool you might be ok however the self serve sodas are right by the adult pool. our room was midship. i think the best spot for deck 8 would be aft becasue that's the buffet and i think they have carpet under the tables/chairs. my opinion is move off deck 8, it's not worth risking and ruining your trip.

i would call disney tomorrow and ask what's above you. if it's the adult pool you might be ok however the self serve sodas are right by the adult pool. our room was midship. i think the best spot for deck 8 would be aft becasue that's the buffet and i think they have carpet under the tables/chairs. my opinion is move off deck 8, it's not worth risking and ruining your trip.

Negative - The adult pool is far forward on both ships; the self-serve sodas are by the childrens' pool, which is far aft, outside the buffet restaurants on both ships.

I'm so sorry you had to experience the noise. I would not be happy if I couldn't sleep at night during vacation!

I always make sure there are cabins above/below me. I guess live and learn.

I hope you still had a good trip.

We have sailed twice on Disney on the 8th deck midship both Wonder and Magic and we heard a little noise in the morning from chairs being positioned. Having cruised similar rooms on other cruise lines it was no more disturbing to us as other lines. We don't sleep in too late so I guess we are at breakfast when the bulk of the noise occurs. We rebooked again on the 8th deck this spring so we don't notice enough to change our accomondations.

We've been in 8034 on the Magic and 8534 on the Wonder. While the rooms themselves are great, they are noisy, and I'd be lying if I said that my husband and I didn't lay in bed, contemplating putting mines our ceiling. :D

Between the heavy foot traffic, constant chair scraping. Don't get yourself under the ping pong table either.....

I call baloney on whoever at Disney told you that no one else complains about the noise above in those staterooms. Just look at the deck plans for the new Disney Dream. Do you see any of the suites under the pools on that ship? Ummm, nope.

I agree with you 100% the rooms are GREAT. The cruise is also GREAT. The problem isn't in the morning. It is all night and I mean all night. It seemed like the later it got the noiser it got. It was frustrating because when we called and they sent someone to our room they said nobody ever complains which we all know is not true. I just wanted to give anyone on deck 8 the heads up. It's such an expensive cruise I just didn't want anyone to experience what we did. I just wish I would have checked the boards before we booked. I didn't even think for a minute that we'd have such a disaster.

We are in the Disney suite for almost $20,000!?!?! I might kill someone if there is chair scraping above us!

Should we downgrade and move aft???

Katherine

If that would ruin your cruise, you should move.

We are in the Disney suite for almost $20,000!?!?! I might kill someone if there is chair scraping above us!

Should we downgrade and move aft???

Katherine

Let me go in your place -- I'll test it out for you and report back -- free of charge.;)

I would stay where I am if i were you. For that pirce if you had a complaint i believe they would resolve it right away. Many people have to reserve that suite over a year in advance. I wouldnt give it up just because you MIGHT have some noise.

I have known 2 families who have stayed in the Roy suite and neither one had noise problems. Maybe it has better sound proofing than the other rooms have???

We were on the 3 day last year on the Wonder in a midship CAT 3 suite. No noise to speak of AT ALL!!!! Very quiet and we were very near the midship elevators so you would think there would be noise but certainly wasn't. You Must have had a rowdy bunch on your cruise.

Contrast that to an NCL cruise we took where there was a deck all around the floor we were on and was a beehive of joggers at 5AM!!! Never sailed with them again.

Archived