Travel time to the Sheraton

GSRDPM

I've been reading the posts as to things to do for the 5 hours we will have in Nassau (1PM to 6PM) and was wondering how long it takes to get from our ship to the Sheraton. We were considering going to the BCH, but the Sheraton property seems nicer and the food credit at the BCH is not such as plus since we will porbably be eating just before we get off the ship and soon aver we return (we have the early seating) I'm just trying to weigh the pros and cons and am wondering if too much of our time will be spent in transit. BTW, we will be there on a Friday if it matters. (

There are four in our group - myself, DW, DS14 and DD11.

Thanks!

Your ship leaves at 6 so they will say be back by 5:30? That will be in the height of traffic! It will take a very long time to get back to the pier in traffic. Even if you have a cab driver that takes shortcuts (some do, some don't), those shortcuts are well-used and filled with traffic, too. I recommend leaving extra early so you don't miss your ship! The traffic won't be evident from the Sheraton, but you'll definitely get into it down the road - depending on the time, it could be backed up past the fish fry already.

Your ship leaves at 6 so they will say be back by 5:30? That will be in the height of traffic! It will take a very long time to get back to the pier in traffic. Even if you have a cab driver that takes shortcuts (some do, some don't), those shortcuts are well-used and filled with traffic, too. I recommend leaving extra early so you don't miss your ship! The traffic won't be evident from the Sheraton, but you'll definitely get into it down the road - depending on the time, it could be backed up past the fish fry already.

Wow...I would never have thought of this. So what time would I need to leave the sheraton? I am beginning to think that the BCH may be a better idea.

You can ask the cab driver who brings you there (can usually arrange a time for him to come get you, if you'd like) and/or the employee at the Sheraton who hails the cabs for ppl. They would know. I've never timed it to see how long it takes to get around then, sorry.

Considering doing this on my Disney Nassau stop.

Do I contact the hotel prior. Am I getting a day pass or do I just show up.

I would like to make sure my family of 4, which includes 2 teens, all have chairs and at least two umbrealls.

Can I just rent them at the beach? If so, does anyone have the cost?

Thank you for all the information you can give me.

Thanks.

Considering doing this on my Disney Nassau stop.

Do I contact the hotel prior. Am I getting a day pass or do I just show up.

I would like to make sure my family of 4, which includes 2 teens, all have chairs and at least two umbrealls.

Can I just rent them at the beach? If so, does anyone have the cost?

Thank you for all the information you can give me.

Thanks.

Good questions, I want to know too, so I'm bumping this up...

Any idea how busy Nassau is in April? Will be there 4/20, 10-6, and am hoping to do the Sheraton with my family of 4. I'm a little concerned that I can't reserve a day pass, especially since our ship doesn't get in until 10 am. I'd really hate to get all the way out to Sheraton (we'll probably take a cab) to find there's no room at the inn so to speak.

TIA

Any idea how busy Nassau is in April? Will be there 4/20, 10-6, and am hoping to do the Sheraton with my family of 4. I'm a little concerned that I can't reserve a day pass, especially since our ship doesn't get in until 10 am. I'd really hate to get all the way out to Sheraton (we'll probably take a cab) to find there's no room at the inn so to speak.

TIA

By that date you shouldn't have a problem with crowds. It should be pretty quiet by then. Perfect for relaxing without the crowds.

By that date you shouldn't have a problem with crowds. It should be pretty quiet by then. Perfect for relaxing without the crowds.

Thank you so much for your QUICK reply! We are all very blessed here on CC to have a resident authority on Nassau who is always willing to answer our questions!!!! :)

With regards to my original post here, Do you have an idea as to when I would need to leave the Sheraton to make it back to our ship by about 5PM on a Friday?

I'd leave the beach by 4pm to be ahead of traffic. Once your in it (starts around 4:20 or so.. it could take the better part of an hour.

I'd leave the beach by 4pm to be ahead of traffic. Once your in it (starts around 4:20 or so.. it could take the better part of an hour.

WOW....Thanks so much - that's a big help. While the Sheraton seems like a much nicer property than the BCH, It looks like we might only end end up getting to spend about 2-2.5 hours there. I'm starting to lean towards the BCH again.....

Archived