Spirit to Alaska

cruisemama69

we are sailing on the spirit on June 22. Has anyone sailed on her before on this trip? We've never done an Alaskan cruise and are curious about the at sea days. On caribbean cruises, there was lots of contests, ice carving demos, etc. by the pool but with Alaska what does the ship offer to do on those days besides bingo?

Also, I cant find out anywhere about an indoor or covered pool and how many hot tubs are inside or covered? Does Spirit offer separate area for adults only? Love kids, but not taking any this time and dont want them jumping in and out of the hot tubs with us.

I read that there might be a narrator on board to explain wildlife, etc. Is this only provided during the crusing of Tracy Arm? Do you have to be on the top decks to hear this information or is it piped into the cabins, so we could hear while watching from our window?

Any other info on the Spirit would be most appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

we are sailing on the spirit on June 22. Has anyone sailed on her before on this trip? We've never done an Alaskan cruise and are curious about the at sea days. On caribbean cruises, there was lots of contests, ice carving demos, etc. by the pool but with Alaska what does the ship offer to do on those days besides bingo?

Also, I cant find out anywhere about an indoor or covered pool and how many hot tubs are inside or covered? Does Spirit offer separate area for adults only? Love kids, but not taking any this time and dont want them jumping in and out of the hot tubs with us.

I read that there might be a narrator on board to explain wildlife, etc. Is this only provided during the crusing of Tracy Arm? Do you have to be on the top decks to hear this information or is it piped into the cabins, so we could hear while watching from our window?

Any other info on the Spirit would be most appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

There is a naturist on the ship which will point out things of interest during your cruise. I am not sure if they have added a serenity area to this ship. The Spirit dies have a pool which they cover and is heated. The Spa's are aft and are not. That being said, one of our best cruise memories was sitting in the aft spas having a cocktail as we cruised by glaciers. You will have a wonderful time, this is a great ship and a great cruise.

You will have a great time----great ship and itinerary!!! This was the most relaxed cruise I have ever been on...

They do have activites, contests, etc, but they are in the public areas of the ship. We found it was a great time to watch a movie uninteruppted--no phone, pets, laundry....

The middle pool is covered. Was nice and toasty with lots of adults visiting the area. Our trip was in September and there weren't many kids on the ship.

Michelle was our Naturalist and did an outstanding job. Try to hit her talks in the lounge--great info! You can pick up her announcements on your tv while in your cabin.

Michelle was our Naturalist and did an outstanding job. Try to hit her talks in the lounge--great info! You can pick up her announcements on your tv while in your cabin.

Michelle was wonderful. I went to all her presentations. Dirk was the naturalist on our South American cruise. He was fabulous! Don't worry about activities on sea days. You won't want to miss the beautiful fjords you will be sailing in. A sea day is not boring in Alaska!

Archived