what time does Jewel get back to Miami

brovol

We have a 1pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale, and need to come up with a plan to get of ship and to the airport as efficiently as we can. I am thinking about a shuttle service. I will be with my wife and two children. Can anyone advise what time we will likely be let off the ship? Also, any info or suggestions regarding the shuttle services in the area would be helpful.

Thanking you all in advance.

We have a 1pm flight out of Fort Lauderdale, and need to come up with a plan to get of ship and to the airport as efficiently as we can. I am thinking about a shuttle service. I will be with my wife and two children. Can anyone advise what time we will likely be let off the ship? Also, any info or suggestions regarding the shuttle services in the area would be helpful.

Thanking you all in advance.

I was on the 1-10-2010 sailing and we had a 1 pm flight out of MIA. We were off the ship by 8:30 am and at the airport at 9 am. We carried our own bag off, very easy way to do it. We wish we had the earlier flight home! I don't know about the trip to FLL but I think it is about 30 miles away. You should have enough time. Dave

I was on the 1-10-2010 sailing and we had a 1 pm flight out of MIA. We were off the ship by 8:30 am and at the airport at 9 am. We carried our own bag off, very easy way to do it. We wish we had the earlier flight home! I don't know about the trip to FLL but I think it is about 30 miles away. You should have enough time. Dave

I have an 11:30 flight out of FLL - we are using a shuttle service - SAS transportation - not sure if we are going to carry bags off ship yet -

wondering if there is a BAGS service to FLL (Southwest Air)

I have an 11:30 flight out of FLL - we are using a shuttle service - SAS transportation - not sure if we are going to carry bags off ship yet -

wondering if there is a BAGS service to FLL (Southwest Air)

We havn't used that service, but I remember hearing about it. I belive there are flight time restrictions, but I don't have anymore details. Dave

I think that a taxi will be better. The shuttles have you waiting for their assigned load, unless it is a private car. Taxi is $24 to the airport for the 4 of you. Once you get a taxi, you are on your way (about 15 minutes)

WE returned from the Jewel on January 10. The ship docks very early and begins disembarking as soon as given clearance--in our situation it was around 8:30.

We used SAS which is a very reliable service--you can research it over on the boards about the ports--that is how I found them. Or jsut google them. The Fort Lauderdale airport is about 30 minutes away--there is a lot of traffic leaving the pier. Our first flight was at 12:20 (there were 7 of us with varying flight departure times) and we made it in plenty of time and that included having a lost bag and having to do paperwork and blah blah blah.

The BAGS program is used by many and as long as your flight is after 12:30 you can use it for FLL.

I am a little unclear about taxis as if you come off the ship there may not be any available. Again, SAS was fantastic--is was $13 per person to go to Ft Lauderdale. Maybe folks recommending taxis have had good success, I jsut can't speak to that.

I think that a taxi will be better. The shuttles have you waiting for their assigned load, unless it is a private car. Taxi is $24 to the airport for the 4 of you. Once you get a taxi, you are on your way (about 15 minutes)

My mistake....I was assuming that you were going to the Miami airport...completely overlooked the "FLL" in the OPs post. Sorry.

She got back very early on our 1-3-10 cruise. It was still dark outside when I was awoken by the dock noise. I went back to sleep for at least 2 hours & woke up when the sun started to rise. My 7 a.m. alarm still had no gone off.

My walk off from the Sky was super fast. Also had a 1pm flight. Used SAS - $15 per person one way. They are very reliable. I called them when outside customs and was on the way to FLL within minutes. It seems the shuttles move pretty fast early in the morning. You can reserve on their website. If I am not mistaken, the BAGS program is only for certain airlines.

On our nov/dec cruise on the Jewel we were going down the Miami river at 4:30 a.m. Glad I woke up early enough to observe us going as far as we could and then doing a 180 degree turn to come back to the dock. Then watched as 2 Carnival and 1 RCC ship came by the Jewel on their way to the turnaround point. Great photo op.

Archived