First formal night

blitznbobs

I understand that the first formal night is usually the most dressy but how do you know when it is. I'd like to have my hair 'done' at the spa for this night but can't book it on line as I don't know when the formal night is... when do they tell you and how fast do the appointments book up.?

Thanks

Blitz

We are booked on the Dawn princess leaving Sydney 4/3/10 for 35 days. Packing will be a challenge especially with the many negative laundry reviews. Bringing "formal wear" even a suit will take up much room with our 2 bag/pp 50 lb each limit and travelling from NYC. It is fun to get dressed up once in a while, and there is a site for formal wear rental.We have been on a few 7-10 day cruises. Any thoughts or suggestions out there?????

First formal night is normally the first sea day but can vary according to the itinerary and ship. The hair salon books up very quickly the afternoon of boarding. You can either check the cc postings by a pax who was just on your ship/itinerary and they can tell you when it was. It is the same night for a given ship/itinerary. You can also ask once on board and they will tell you.

Archived