Dinner clothing

Gophers14

If you are talking about the main dining room, the daily cruise compass very clearly states that no shorts are allowed at dinner. Will anyone say anything? It just depends.
Actually the Compass doesn't anymore, on Serenade at least. I was onboard last week (Jan 16-23) and there was nothing in the Compass or by the dining room doors about no shorts. MANY people wore shorts, even on formal nights, in the dining room. I never wore shorts but 3 of the men who dined at our table wore them every casual night (5 nights out of 7). One of them wore shorts for formal night and nothing was said about it.

If you are talking about "long" (past your knee about mid-calf) type shorts and a nice collar shirt then I think you will be fine on casual nights.. Have seen "many" others dressed like this(including our adult age sons 25 & 27...they don't want to spend all their time changing clothes and we always have our own table and could careless what others feel)..you probably will have no problem..You will get a feel if this is going to be a casual cruise or if there's a lot of "Fashion Police" & their "Deputys" on board and it will be up to "you" if you feel comfortable or not and please don't feel intimidated ;):rolleyes:....Enjoy "your" cruise !! :D

If you are talking about "long" (past your knee about mid-calf) type shorts and a nice collar shirt then I think you will be fine on casual nights.. Have seen many dressed like this..you probably will have no problem..You will get a feel if this is going to be a casual cruise or if there's a lot of "Fashion Police" & their "Deputys" on board and it will be up to "you" if you feel comfortable or not ;):rolleyes:....Enjoy "your" cruise !! :D

Shorts that extend past your kneecaps are not very manly for a guy to wear. When I think of this, I think of women's capris.

Do guys really wear long shorts???

Shorts that extend past your kneecaps are not very manly for a guy to wear. When I think of this, I think of women's capris.

I've seen a few men wearing shorts that hit below the knee. They aren't that common on men older than 30. The men (age 50+) at my dining table wore shorts that ranged from mid-thigh to just above the knee.

WHAT ????....:eek::eek:...."Short Shorts"..."Manly" !!!!....:D LOL LOL...Look :eek: Around You !!! ..How many men do you see wearing "Short Shorts" ???? Seriously what you said in this day and age is just "Crazy Talk".. You are not understanding what I'm talking about at "all" :rolleyes::rolleyes:......A man wearing short tight shorts.....Yikes !!!!!!! At the knee or just below !!!!!!

Actually, men's capris (or "manpris" :D) are worn a lot in Europe. My DH (who is NOT European) has one pair that he wears on shorex sometimes, and they look quite nice IMO :cool:

As for shorts in the DR, on the Jewel earlier this month I saw one man in the MTD DR who wore shorts every night. I thought he looked out of place, though it didn't ruin my dinner ;).

I'm looking at the Compass right now and it states "Please note that bare feet, tank tops and shorts are not permitted in the Tides Dining Room at dinner." For all the good it did... :D It states the same on formal and casual nights, BTW. I mean, it doesn't mention anything special as far as dress codes for formal night (we did wear formal attire).

The reason I ask Is it seems like you need many different wardrobes. After dinner I do not want to be in slacks I would prefer to be in shorts. It seems as if I will spend more time changing then i will enjoying the cruise

You're on a cruise.

You're not going anywhere.

How long does it take to change clothes?

Archived