Compass Rewards Question

mailbroad

I know there is a separate thread for the NCL Master Card but I hope it is ok to ask this quick question here! My husband and I are finally going to book a cruise with our certificates. We know they have to be used by 01/31/11. We want to use them on a cruise that embarks on 1/29/11. Is that ok or does the cruise have to end by then? My travel agent will ask but I love:D the info I can get from the CC board!

Thanks.

Lisa

I know there is a separate thread for the NCL Master Card but I hope it is ok to ask this quick question here! My husband and I are finally going to book a cruise with our certificates. We know they have to be used by 01/31/11. We want to use them on a cruise that embarks on 1/29/11. Is that ok or does the cruise have to end by then? My travel agent will ask but I love:D the info I can get from the CC board!

Thanks.

Lisa

We just booked a cruise that departs on 1/30/2011 using ours so you're OK with the 29th. I THINK (notice the emphasis on THINK) that you need to get your reservation in before Jan 30th. But then again I could be confusing that with my Cruise rewards certificate (so many certificates, so many cruises!)

You are fine . But you will need to have them to the NCL cashier pretty fast . I would not hesitate to long . By the way when you book, email them (all info) directly to Cashiers@ncl.com . They ask for( but dont take ) 5 days to process. Dont wait ;)

I read the instructions to be that the cruise needs to be booked by the end of January, not that the certificates have to be processed by then.

I read the instructions to be that the cruise needs to be booked by the end of January, not that the certificates have to be processed by then.

in BOLD print my letter states

All of the Final Certificates regardless of the date which appears on the Final Certificate EXPIRE on January 31 2010.

To me, that means cruise must be booked and certificate submitted.

I booked a cruise today and emailed the certificate # today to avoid any last minute confusion.

This is the way it reads on the back of the certificate we

just used. "Cruise must be booked and the cerificate applied, prior to the expiration date of this certificate.

Sailing date may occur after the expiration date on the certificate, but before January 31, 2011."

I would talk with your TA or NCL to see if they need the certificate in hand before the expiration date.

NCL and the TA never need the certificate "in their hand" anymore. It's all done by email, sending NCL the certificate #, the reservation # and other such info. MUCH easier than last year when you had to mail them in. However, if you don't hear back from them, follow up. It took more than 5 days to get mine taken care of. (I had asked a question about upgrade certificates in the same email - that was responded to, but they didn't apply the credit to my account before final payment was due. They did credit my credit card for the $500.)

..... (I had asked a question about upgrade certificates in the same email - that was responded to, but they didn't apply the credit to my account before final payment was due. They did credit my credit card for the $500.)

Could you tell me what question you asked about the upgrade certificates? Did they apply them as OBC? (probably not, but it's worth asking) :)

I would advise anyone who still needs to use those before the end of the month to send the email immediately. It took over a week for ours to post to our account. But then again maybe if you email by the last day of the month it's okay.

Could you tell me what question you asked about the upgrade certificates? Did they apply them as OBC? (probably not, but it's worth asking) :)

I asked if they would apply my upgrade certs to OBC or anything they might find useful . No such luck , they applied the $500 cert. and that was it . But I still think you should ask . There seems to be no reasoning behind when and if they do apply to obc.. ;)

I would advise anyone who still needs to use those before the end of the month to send the email immediately. It took over a week for ours to post to our account. But then again maybe if you email by the last day of the month it's okay.

7 days and counting :eek:

Get'em in.......

They'll get it done in time. But it makes you antsy, doesn't it? Don't mess with the cruise! :)

Hell it makes me antsy and its not my cruise :eek:

But your right , dont mess with the cruise Gods there a fickle bunch ,,,

....but then again maybe if you just book by the end of the month and email before final payment is due it's ok. You never know.

This Compass Rewards program will be missed, as there is nothing to compare it to now, but it's complex rules and multiple processing instructions will certainly not be missed. From day one it has been mismanaged, and true to form, is being mismanaged right up to it's last breath.

Yeah, that's what I asked about & the answer was 'no'. They said something about using as upgrades (what a novel idea!:rolleyes:) but the cruise was already booked & I didn't want to mess with changing rooms. (Plus I thought you couldn't use both $500 and upgrade, but don't know for sure.)

Archived