Carnival Miracle out of NY 6/16/10

snowy owl

Ok I need any and all info on New York and sailing out of it.

1.What port does Carnival leave out of?

2.We usually fly in the day before but DH is thinking flying in the day of. Opinions please.

3.How is traffic getting to port?

4.DD wants to see New York should we do that another time and save the money. With that DH was going to fly in the day of (land 11ish) and fly back Saturday. Cruise comes back on Thursday. So we would only get a little time to see anything.

I would rather fly in the day before and have a relaxing time to get to the ship, and skip seeing NY. I'm not a city girl.

So I was hoping to hear what all your ideas where..any help would be great!:)

Ok I need any and all info on New York and sailing out of it.

1.What port does Carnival leave out of?

2.We usually fly in the day before but DH is thinking flying in the day of. Opinions please.

3.How is traffic getting to port?

4.DD wants to see New York should we do that another time and save the money. With that DH was going to fly in the day of (land 11ish) and fly back Saturday. Cruise comes back on Thursday. So we would only get a little time to see anything.

I would rather fly in the day before and have a relaxing time to get to the ship, and skip seeing NY. I'm not a city girl.

So I was hoping to hear what all your ideas where..any help would be great!:)

Carnival uses the Manhattan Terminal, at 12th Avenue and 55th St.

It's always preferrable to fly in the day before. Flight cancellations and delays can cause you to miss your ship.

The traffic will vary...probably the most important factor is whether you the cruise leaves on a weekday or the weekend. Weekend traffic is generally much lighter.

Fly in a few days early and see New York. It's a great city.

I know I want to fly in the day before too. I'm freaking out with the idea of flying in the day of..:eek: to many things can go wrong. The cruise leaves on Wednesday comes back on Thursday. We have had good luck in the past with getting on the ship in quick order except the one when we flew in the day of. We stood in line with two little dds for like almost 3 hours it was not a good day.

Fly in the day before. That will give you a buffer in case there are problems. There is no leeway leaving out of NY. You will lose several days of your cruise if you miss the ship. What airport are you looking at? If you arrive at 11 am, you will most likely be at your hotel by 1-2 pm and have the whole rest of the day to enjoy in the city that never sleeps. If you stay in Manhattan, you can also enjoy the following morning before you board the ship.

flight delays today because of rain and wind ranged to up to 6 hours. If you have a 11 landing and an extreme delay that would land you at 5pm just in time to miss the ship(you have to board in at least one full hour before the ship sails and need to be at the dock to check in anywhere from 1-2 hours before the ship sails)

First thing you have to do is to price flights to NY - there are 3 airports - La Guardia, Newark, and JFK. My preference would be that order, but others will tell you LGA, JFK, and Newark.

There are no shuttles in NY to go to the pier - you take a cab or public transportation and walk. Next thing is a hotel budget - how much do you want to spend? I am assuming 2 people, 1 bed, 6/15/10. Are you prepared to prepay your hotel? You may have to do that to get a decent rate at a decent hotel. Priceline and Hotwire sometimes have excellent rates.

Archived