On Board Credit

maryella

We will be on the Solstice with our daughter for the February 14th sailing. This is our 1st Celebrity cruise ------my husband won this trip at a business conference and it was booked through an American Express agent. We have sailed on Crystal 2x prior to this and have received generous ship board credit through our TA. On this Celebrity sailing we only will be getting a $300.00 OBC (we are in a Royal Suite) and a $250.00 excursion credit. It this typical for Celebrity bookings? On a recent Crystal sailing we recieved over $1000.00 SBC and prepaid gratuities from our TA. Does anyone recieve large SBC from their TA for a 7 day Celebrity sailing? Just curious.

Tell me you have to be kidding! We in the 'lower deck' are lucky to get $100 OBC. I think you got a nice OBC - yes, I know your fare is higher - still seems like a nice sailing amount to me as your OBC is more than many of the cabins.

Since you are booked through a TA your concern should be with the TA. Celebrity seldom gives OBC's out and then only as an incentive to book. If there is an OBC from X it went to the TA. If you are not happy with what the TA is giving you, talk to this person and see what they have to say.

TAs give OBC based on the cruise cost. Since you did not paid anything - lucky if you got something. When you sailed on with Crystal cruises, and paid $10,000+ for your cruise, TA could give you $1000.00 a part ot their commision as OBC. If you would have paid for the RS thru TA, you would have got about the same.

The price of a Celebrity Cruise is nowhere near the price of a Crystal Cruise. I beleive the OBC's you received were more than generous

My thougths exactly!!!

The only credit I'm getting is $100 for buying a voucher on our last cruise.

Although we aren't in suite we are in Aqua class, but even if we were in a suite it wouldn't be $1000!!!! and I haven't heard of excursion credits...

My thougths exactly!!!

The only credit I'm getting is $100 for buying a voucher on our last cruise.

Although we aren't in suite we are in Aqua class, but even if we were in a suite it wouldn't be $1000!!!! and I haven't heard of excursion credits...

We booked AQ but previously had a CC room booked for another saling with the $100.00 obc. We cancelled that and rebooked this one and because of the verandah sale we got $ 200.00 obc. You should check it out. AQ is still wide open so you should have no problem cancelling and rebooking.

Claudette

Well I am sorry I asked the question. I was curious, not complaining since I have never cruised Celebrity before.

I just I hope that some of you lovely folks that responded are not on our sailing.

BTW The price of this Celebrity Caribbean sailing cost more than a Crystal Caribbean sailing for the same amount of time.

We booked AQ but previously had a CC room booked for another saling with the $100.00 obc. We cancelled that and rebooked this one and because of the verandah sale we got $ 200.00 obc. You should check it out. AQ is still wide open so you should have no problem cancelling and rebooking.

Claudette

l agree. The sale that ends 1/31 has some nice OBC credit amounts (by my standards) and TA also gave prepd gratuities so we're really pleased. Will help with the bar bill!

l agree. The sale that ends 1/31 has some nice OBC credit amounts (by my standards) and TA also gave prepd gratuities so we're really pleased. Will help with the bar bill!

You are very lucky. We had just made final payment when the special came out and the TA said we didn't qualify as it was new bookings only. Sigh. No SBC here. But we got an awesome deal on the Balcony room so no complaints here either. Pre-paid gratuities would have been wonderful. :cool:

Archived