If you could :redo: a cruise?

covkid

By "redo", I'm assuming that you meant "do something different", LOL.

Well, my Triumph cruise I'd leave one of the couples that went with us at home. :rolleyes:

Our Glory cruise I'd book the excursion in Belize through the ship...tendering there and getting to a destination is a total pain in the butt.

My Conquest Cruise last year. I'd looked forward to it for so long but when the time came, I felt like crap. Dr's said I wasn't contagious, but I sounded horrible. I stayed way from peeps just in case. I started feeling better about day 3 or 4. I went with a large cruise critic group and just felt like that first impression stage was gone........ I'm sure they already thought I was a recluse.

:eek: wha happened?

It started out as a conversation with them as a "we just love to cruise, you should try it some time" was translated by them as "you're invited to come with us". We didn't really know them REAL well at the time.

They were stereotypical midwesterners who hadn't travelled much and were in culture shock because there was more on the menu on the ship than meat and potatoes. And then the faces the wife made, like a kid, at the dinner table when she tried something she ordered and didn't care for (followed by her spitting it out in her napkin FTLOG). Followed by them ordering several DOUBLE Long Islands EACH ($12 a pop) in the disco every night, and buckets upon buckets of beer all day long, then bitching about their S&S bill. They were quite a bit younger than we were, and pretty heavy drinkers...to the point of them not making it to dinner most of the time (due to their being hungover and sick in their cabin). They knew where we'd hang out on sea days and chose not to associate (which was fine....until we all got home and they started complaining about all of the above to our mutual friends).

In a nutshell, they ruined the cruise for themselves, then blamed it on Carnival (and though they didn't say it, it was implied, us). Ruined the opportunity for us to invite some of our mutual friends along on any other sailing.

It started out as a conversation with them as a "we just love to cruise, you should try it some time" was translated by them as "you're invited to come with us". We didn't really know them REAL well at the time.

They were stereotypical midwesterners who hadn't travelled much and were in culture shock because there was more on the menu on the ship than meat and potatoes. And then the faces the wife made, like a kid, at the dinner table when she tried something she ordered and didn't care for. (followed by her spitting it out in her napkin FTLOG). Followed by them ordering several DOUBLE Long Islands EACH ($12 a pop) in the disco every night, and buckets upon buckets of beer all day long, then bitching about their S&S bill. They were quite a bit younger than we were, and pretty heavy drinkers...to the point of them not making it to dinner most of the time (due to their being hungover and sick in their cabin). They knew where we'd hang out on sea days and chose not to associate (which was fine....until we all got home and they started complaining about all of the above to our mutual friends).

In a nutshell, they ruined the cruise for themselves, then blamed it on Carnival (and though they didn't say it, it was implied, us). Ruined the opportunity for us to invite some of our mutual friends along on any other sailing.

Did this impact your friendship after the cruise? I think there's a lesson to be learned here, I'm just not that well thought out to know what it is. :p

Its funny to look back on it, but my very first cruise, way back when I worked for a cruiseline, a large group went on the cruise...to make the story short and funny...2 hours before we boarded the plane my close friend found out his wife was cheating and they were both on the cruise...(both my coworkers also) this was a part business trip/part pleasure, so we had to go..but to make it even worse is that most of her family was in a group on the same cruise...not fun enviroment..but I made the best of what I got. They gave me limes...I made Mojitos lol lol but hey the cruise was free so I cant complain all the way. lol

Did this impact your friendship after the cruise? I think there's a lesson to be learned here, I'm just not that well thought out to know what it is. :p

It didn't really impact our relationship, as they were acquaintances more than "friends" from the get-go.

I'm sure the lesson probably is for me to have tactfully distinguished the difference between the recommendation to try cruising and an invitation to come with us, but it's been years now and I still can't come up with a way to do that, LOL.

It didn't really impact our relationship, as they were acquaintances more than "friends" from the get-go.

I'm sure the lesson probably is for me to have tactfully distinguished the difference between the recommendation to try cruising and an invitation to come with us, but it's been years now and I still can't come up with a way to do that, LOL.

Yeah that sucks.

I should have waited to book my first cruise about a week. I was dating a women who I knew was going to cheat on me, so I booked a double. If I'd have waited a week for it to happen I could have booked a single and saved. :(

:eek:Was she at least hot?

I'd say my first CC group cruise with Host Randy on the Liberty. The ship was still brand new. Had the BEST group party ever in the Disco. John Herald was CD and made a point to stop by our party for a visit. That's the cruise that got me addicted to CC and group cruises *L*

I'd love to redo our cruise on the Splendor last spring when Swine Flu hit and we weren't allowed to get off at Cabo or P.V. or Maz. We had a great trip, but we had some really cool excursions planned so I'd like to go and relive the trip as it was intended to be.

Someday....

I probably would also redo my first cruise......for slightly different reassons though.....I have more than enough pictures but the Cruiseline is no more....gone out of business!:eek: Dolphin Cruiseline was the best!:D small ships, excellent service, great ports (went to the San Blas Islands that time....can you say Gilligan's Island only there are alot...see pic below) and they had the BEST food....I haven't found any ship yet that comes close.....(I still have a few lines to go on...one can hope!)

image14.jpg?v=370800 image4.jpg?v=370800

image13.jpg?v=358560 image23.jpg?v=712354

Andy

[/url]

My cruise this past June that was my DGrD's graduation gift. Instead of a friend from her school, she invited a long time friend she hadn't seen for a couple years. The two had no common interests and my DGrD was miserable. I spent $$$ on this trip and was so happy she'd have someone to hang around and have fun with. I don't think the 2 of them said two words to one another the entire week...very awkward. The guest was unhappy too. We dropped her off at her house afterwards, she never so much as thanked me and DGrD hasn't heard from her since.

Archived