RCI letter on Haiti

Just saw this letter from Royal Caribbean about them stopping in Labadee

As I said before government, UN, and even taxi driver asked them to continue stopping their

Dear,

The devastating earthquake in Haiti has saddened us all at

Royal Caribbean® and our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the people of Haiti. I have heard from so many of you about your concerns and how we together can make a difference. I appreciate the valuable feedback, suggestions and ideas that you, our valued Crown & Anchor® Members, have provided and please know that we've taken them all under consideration.

There has been debate over our decision to continue our calls on Labadee®. This was not an easy decision to make. Government officials, representatives of the United Nations and even taxi drivers asked us to seriously consider maintaining our visits to Labadee® to ensure the economic stability of this unaffected area of the island. In the end, we focused on the fact that we have been doing business on the island for more than 30 years and we were not going to abandon her in her darkest hour. So we have decided to continue to call on Labadee® as scheduled.

All of our ships calling into Labadee® are transporting much needed supplies to Haiti, amounting to over 120 pallets in the first week alone and more is on the way. Our lounge chairs have even become useful as makeshift hospital beds to help treat the injured. Royal Caribbean® has pledged at least $2 million in humanitarian relief including 100% of the net revenue generated during calls to Labadee®. Additionally, guests onboard our ships will have the ability to donate to Food for the Poor's Haiti Relief Fund through their onboard accounts if they elect to do so. In response to numerous suggestions regarding guest participation in the recovery efforts, volunteers on some ships calling into Labadee® can join us in assembling backpacks for kids which we will be donating to the local community.

During this difficult time, it means so much to us to have you standing by our side. As the recovery efforts continue, Royal Caribbean® commits to continue our support for the reconstruction of the nation of Haiti and its people. Please visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Haiti to learn about our latest efforts to provide relief and assistance. I will continue to keep everyone updated on our efforts through my blog.

Sincerely,

Adam Goldstein

President & CEO

Royal Caribbean International®

Archived