Room 8500 on Explorer--how bad will motion be?

ntengwall

Ok, I can't be picky because my mom and dad are paying for me and my boys to go on this cruise, but I just saw that we have room 8500 on the Explorer and realized it is RIGHT at the front of the ship on level 8!

How bad will the motion be on an average day/night? To my knowledge, none of us typically get sea sick (we had a boat) or motion sick but I'm just wondering how bad this can be. Thanks!

We just got back off the AOS and we were in room 7516. I was paranoid as all heck as I have a super sensitive stomach. I can honestly tell you that I didnt notice anymore motion there than I did in the centre of the ship or the back. I was fine the whole time. Enjoy your cruise. Wish someone would pay to send me on a cruise:)

We had 9202 (1 deck above you) on Explorer and we did feel the motion more than in any other cabin we've been in. Explorer is a state of the art ship with excellent stabilizers, but obviously there is more pitching at the front of the ship. The first night we were in 18 foot swells as remnants of Hurrican Kyle passed by, and we did feel it. I admit I was queasy. After that, the seas calmed and it was fine.

You might want to pick up some Sea Bands wrist bands for your family in case of motion sickness. I prefer these to medications.

You will love your room - it's fun to look out the front of the ship. Such a different view than any other cabin! Have fun on Explorer.

We had 8200 next door on Explorer last Feb - our 1st cruise so nothing to compare it to but I wasn't prepared for how much the ship moved or should I say how much we felt it move at the front!

Some mornings we couldn't wait to get out of the room - as I said we weren't used to cruising so it was all new for us but as a result we have booked a Family Promenade in a couple of weeks on Freedom.

The room itself was great - plenty big enough for the 5 of us (2 adults & 3 kids)!

Archived