Questions for 3 adults in a balcony cabin

bermudagal56

What type of balcony cabin do you recommend for 3 adults in a balcony cabin? one w/ a sofa? or one w/ a sofa and a pull down bed? Is the sofa big enough to sleep on? I am afraid by getting the sofa and the pull down bed we will be tight walking around the room. where in the cabin is the pull down located?

Does anyone have pictures of a cabin w/ the pull down out? especially for the carnival pride ship.

thank you.. any advice will be appreciated

We cruise with 4 adults in a balcony. Have not had a problem. Pulldown and sofa beds are comfortable - at least, that is what dd's say. You can use the spa showers to free up some bathroom time. We have plenty of storage, even with 3 women and dh, who packs more than any of us!

The pulldown is above the sofa. if your doing a cabin for 3 you will probably get the room without the pull down. That is usually for 4 person set-up. You don't really get to make the choice, it goes by availbility. You can request.

We had 3 adults in a balcony room last year on Triumph. The king bed was separated into the twins and then we had 1 upper. We kept the upper down the whole stay, but I didn't feel like it was in the way. We could still sit on the couch (below the upper) without hitting our heads and there was always the balcony if we wanted a sitting area.

I have a pic, but it's on my home computer. I'll come back and post it later!

My mom and her two best friends share a balcony cabin when they cruise. They always just use the two twin beds that are already in the room, and use the couch as an additional bed. They do not use a pull down because none of them want to crawl up into it to sleep.

What type of balcony cabin do you recommend for 3 adults in a balcony cabin? one w/ a sofa? or one w/ a sofa and a pull down bed? Is the sofa big enough to sleep on? I am afraid by getting the sofa and the pull down bed we will be tight walking around the room. where in the cabin is the pull down located?

Does anyone have pictures of a cabin w/ the pull down out? especially for the carnival pride ship.

We are just off the Pride. We were in a category 8C cabin. We were two adults and one child in a balcony cabin on deck 8, port side about 10 cabins back from the bridge. Other cabin was 1 adult and 2 kids in the same kind of cabin so had the twin beds separated so there were 3 beds.

A previous poster is correct, all balcony rooms that look the same size on the deck plan are going to be essentially the same - no matter what deck you are on.

Both cabins had a sofa (bed) and pullman bed that drops directly down from the ceiling in the same footprint as the sofa. We never saw the pullman bed. It took us several days to realize that there was a bed in the ceiling that could be used.

The sofa was much more comfortable than I would have thought. I slept on it with my 4 year old for a little bit. It would have been fine for me for the whole cruise if that were my bed. I wanted to take pictures of the room but forgot. I got pics of the bathroom (to remember the storage etc).

The sofa is not your traditional sofa. It is more like a "day bed" with two big bolster type pillows for the back rest. The two bolsters fit under the other beds and the sofa is easily a full size twin bed. The regular beds are very comfortable on the Pride as well.

The only disadvantage to using the sofa as a bed is that you lose the sofa for sitting unless you are willing to sit on the bedding (comforter etc.). You might be able to have your room steward remove the bedding in the morning and make it back up at night if you want the sofa for sitting without encroaching on someone else's space. We were all family

and my son was the one climbing on his sofa bed with his shoes on so no one seemed to mind that we were sitting on someone else's covers.

I think three adults would be fine in a balcony room on the Pride. Your only shortage will be drawer space. The vanity has two taller drawers and two shorter drawers. It has a short skinny drawer in the middle. There is plenty of shelf space in the bathroom for stuff.

The sofa had two enormous drawers built in. In our room, they were filled with bedding (probably for the pullman bed). They are a little hard to open when the sofa is made up as a bed. I'd ask your room steward to remove that bedding so you can use the drawers. I wish that I had asked. I would have put our winter coats in them or something to make room in the closet.

You'll maximize your drawer and closet space if you bring some hangars and hang up as much as you can. There is lots of room for hanging things but not more than 10 or 12 hangars in each closet.

There is plenty of room under the regular beds for luggage and the closets are very deep so there is lots of room in the bottom of the closets as well.

Hope this helps.

hb5

Here's the pics I promised. As others said--- some rooms have an "upper" and some use the sofa as the 3rd bed. The deck plans will clearly tell you which is in your particular room. One correction from what I said earlier though-- the steward did fold it up during the day. I forgot that!

Room 7390 - Category 8C on Triumph

Pic 1 is the bed down w/ our messy room! lol 3 women can have alot of "stuff" to get disorganized really quickly. I'm fairly sure one of our roommates slept in late this day and missed the bed being put up because the stuff on my bed isn't consistent w/ after dinner pull down! Pic 1 was taken while sitting on the 2nd twin. the two twins are really close together.

Pic 2 is for reference so you see how much space the pull down takes up in the room

BG.jpg.37601c2f5f3f5cca02552c3e8fe30b58.jpg

P2010517.jpg.f28a4dbf30f481f5868502a3d3bf8e49.jpg

You may or may not have a choice... depends on what is available when you book and USUALLY if the ship is full, they will not place 3 passengers in a stateroom that can accommodate 4.... but again, it depends on how full the ship is when you start to book.

The only disadvantage to using the sofa as a bed is that you lose the sofa for sitting unless you are willing to sit on the bedding (comforter etc.). You might be able to have your room steward remove the bedding in the morning and make it back up at night if you want the sofa for sitting without encroaching on someone else's space. We were all family

and my son was the one climbing on his sofa bed with his shoes on so no one seemed to mind that we were sitting on someone else's covers.

This is one bummer for Carnival. On HAL, the stewards have always turned the bed back into a couch during the day. Maybe I've been lucky with HAL stewards or maybe I need to tip the Carnival stewards to "take care of it"

This is one bummer for Carnival. On HAL, the stewards have always turned the bed back into a couch during the day. Maybe I've been lucky with HAL stewards or maybe I need to tip the Carnival stewards to "take care of it"

Every stateroom we had with single sofa bed was turned back into sofa every morning and then changed back to bed at turn down time when we sail CCL.

Archived