Hotel in San Juan

tkjohn25

The Sheraton is across the street from the Old San Juan Pier, not the Pan Am pier. Not sure where the Serenade docks but I know Adventure docks at the Pan Am. We stayed in the Sheraton this past December and it is a nice hotel. The restaurant in the hotel is good and it is within walking distance to many restaurants. I believe it was about 15 dollars for a cab for three to the Pan Am pier, correct me if I'm wrong. I would recommend the Sheraton. Depending on what day you sail out there may be ships in port the day before and you can walk up to the rooftop pool of the hotel and watch the ships sail out of the harbour at night.

The Serenade docks at the Pan Am pier also. There are no hotels next to the Pan Am pier. I like the Sheraton Old San Juan also. It has great views of both piers, it is walking distance to many great restaurants and to Old San Juan. It is also across the street from the water taxi which you can take across the harbor to the Bacardi Rum factory for a tour.

My wife and I will be taking a cruise on the Serenade of the Seas on May 1 and will be flying into San Juan a day early. Does anybody have any suggestions on a hotel? Thanks.

My DH and I just stayed in San Juan 3 days when we couldnt catch our ship in NJ in Dec. We found a really nice small hotel right in the middle of old San Juan called The Casablanca Hotel - 35 rooms - $95 USD a night - staff are fantastic and you are right in the middle of the shopping district of Old San Juan and two blocks from the pier - however, wouldnt recommend walking to the pier with your suitcases as all cobblestones - Approximately $20 USD for a taxi from the airport to the hotel - Only disadvantage we found was we were on the third floor and currently there is no elevator (apparently one is going in in Feb 2010) They have a website you can check out. Most of the hotels around the pier are $200-$300 a night. Hope this helps

We've stayed at the Sheraton, Intercontinental and Embassy Suites. All three were good and I would not have a problem recommending any of them. However, if this is your first trip to San Juan and you are only there for a day I'd have to say the Sheraton by far. There's nothing better than dropping your bags in your room after a long flight and just walking out the front door of the hotel onto the streets of Old San Juan.

Enjoy the Serenade. We've sailed her several times and will be back on her next month. Gotta love the Southern Caribbean route.

Pat

Stayed in Old san Juan 2 nights pre-cruise in June 09. Used hotwire and got the Hotel Convente for $99. Easy to recognize since it was considered a boutique hotel. The hotel was absolutely wonderful. Had free wine & cheese tasting every evening from I think 6-7. Would stay again in a hear beat.

There is a free trolley bus that goes around Old San Juan, and it will take you to both forts - well worth seeing. I've been to San Juan several times and always enjoy it. Next time I sail from there I'll try to stay a few days and enjoy even more of it. Photos and commentary on my web site.

We stayed at the Sheraton OSJ in Nov pre cruise. Two couples - 2 separate rooms on 2 different floors. All boarded cruise ship with bug bites although we couldn't find any signs on the beds. Just beware. Nice property, nice views and close to everything. We won't be gong back there....

Archived