Jewel from NYC in November Weather??

NJCONVCRS

I'm planning on booking the Jewel out of NYC this November because I have little obnes who are traveling with me and I'd prefer not to fly. I already know the itinerary stinks, but it is convenient. I'm a little concerned with the weather situation. Does anyone have some idea on what the weather is like the 1st day and the last of the cruise when you are traveling to and from NYC. By the 1st day, I mean the 1st full day, when you wake up on the ship. Is the ship still too far north to have nice weather?? I know that nobody can predict the weather, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not I will have 2 full days of cold weather.

I have done the Dawn in late October and the weather is usually in the high 30s/low 40s. Mind you, it snowed the week before we left last year so it's a strange time to travel, however it's the best time as far as I'm concerned.

ENJOY!

I think you are a little off in your average temps

Month Maximum / Minimum

in Fahrenheit Maximum / Minimum

in Celsius

January 39 / 26 4 / -3

February

40 / 27 5 / -3

March

48 / 34 8 / 1

April

61 / 44 16 / 6

May

71 / 53 21 / 11

June

81 / 63 27 / 17

July

85 / 68 29 / 18

August

83 / 66 28 / 19

September

77 / 60 25 / 16

October

67 / 51 19 / 10

November

54 / 41 12 / 5

December

41 / 30 5 / -1

My Lee and I have sailed out of NYC 11 times. We LOVE NYC because of its convenience. Once you get on the highway from my house, you don't turn--not once. You merge three times and you're on the pier. Consequently, having sailed out of NYC that many times, we have a good handle on the weather. My Lee and I and her parents just went on the one-night on the 23rd. It was cooooold. We had a front facing cabin and sat there in our heavy jackets and slankets (that's a blanket with sleeves, or "snuggie"...the snuggie people stole the concept from the slanket people) and watched the statue of liberty go by. My Lee thought to bring a hot cocoa out on the deck. I thought a strong rum drink would do the same job, but alas, I didn't have time to procure one. That's just January.

Last December, My Lee and I sailed out of NY Harbor on the Gem going to the Bahamas. In March of 09, we sailed out of NYC to the Bahamas on the Gem. In '06 We sailed out of NYC on the Dawn to the Caribbean on the Last day of November. On those cruises we were out and about on deck in sweatshirts and light jackets going past the Statue and the next day (the first full sea day) it warmed up significantly.

So to answer your question, I think that the by the middle of the first full sea day, you should notice a notable warming... I hope this helps...

and I Thank you,

JWK: Meteorologist

I live in NJ so I know what the temperature is in NYC, and it certainly isn't in the 30's at Halloween, 65-70 during the day is more like it. What I'm asking about is the 1st full day on board. When you wake up, did the ship chug overnite and get you close to Florida so the weather is more like FL than NJ and then they slow up during the day to arrive on time, i.e. is the ship closer to GA than to VA.

Last December, My Lee and I sailed out of NY Harbor on the Gem going to the Bahamas. In March of 09, we sailed out of NYC to the Bahamas on the Gem. In '06 We sailed out of NYC on the Dawn to the Caribbean on the Last day of November. On those cruises we were out and about on deck in sweatshirts and light jackets going past the Statue and the next day (the first full sea day) it warmed up significantly.

So to answer your question, I think that the by the middle of the first full sea day, you should notice a notable warming... I hope this helps...

Thanks Pianoman. That is exactly the response I was looking for.

wow, will keep my opinions limited on this board...you would think people would be grateful for some help...

and then the smart a$$es just make it worse...

People are grateful for getting the correct answers to their questions. Things like average temperatures are not opinions, they are facts, and if you post incorrect information on a factual matter why should it not be corrected? If it wasn't, the person who asked the question would not be getting their question answered properly.

Archived