Is it allowed ?

Tac123

I am sailing on the Legend of the Seas shortly. We have a balcony and I was wondering would we be stopped taking food on a tray from the windjammer so that we can eat on our balcony ? I know there is room service but I am asuming you would be restricted to a room service menu.

Also is there tea/coffee facilities in the room.

I am sailing on the Legend of the Seas shortly. We have a balcony and I was wondering would we be stopped taking food on a tray from the windjammer so that we can eat on our balcony ? I know there is room service but I am asuming you would be restricted to a room service menu.

Also is there tea/coffee facilities in the room.

Won't have any problems whatsover in taking food from Windjammer to wherever you wish.

But you may have a problem in trying to find a tray.. When you get hold of one, (maybe from roomservice, or find one in corridor), don't let it go.. ;) ...Trays are not provided since the day they did away with buffet lines in favour of themed "food stations" in the "Windjammers.

Dont know about tea and coffee room "kettles"on that ship. They only provide a kettle and tea bags on SOME ships itineraries. Coffee has to be from windjammer or snack area (or purchased from Seattles Best)

You can take food from the windjammer to your cabin, no problem. Eating on the balcony is always a little tricky as the little tables and chairs aren't really set up for it and, especially if you are moving, the wind can become a factor ... but it's all part of the fun. :)

Not sure if this "rule" is in effect other places or not, but I think it's just in the U.S. ports. We went on the Mariner last May, left from L.A. and went to Astoria, Seattle and Victoria Canada. While in port in L.A. and Seattle (don't remember if they did this in Astoria or not) we were not allowed to take food from the windjammer. They had a crew member stationed at the door making sure you didn't take your food out of the windjammer. This was apparently some law in the United States, and once we left port, you could take food where ever you wanted. It was only a slight inconvenience, but again, not sure where this applies too.

Not sure if this "rule" is in effect other places or not, but I think it's just in the U.S. ports. We went on the Mariner last May, left from L.A. and went to Astoria, Seattle and Victoria Canada. While in port in L.A. and Seattle (don't remember if they did this in Astoria or not) we were not allowed to take food from the windjammer. They had a crew member stationed at the door making sure you didn't take your food out of the windjammer. This was apparently some law in the United States, and once we left port, you could take food where ever you wanted. It was only a slight inconvenience, but again, not sure where this applies too.

The only place I have seen this is in LA something to do with fruit flies. Once you have sailed you can take food from the WJ.

Archived