Booking online and wanting specific room

mebecindi

When booking online can you look for availability of certain rooms or do you have to call. I am online and it only gives you a few options at a time. I would like to check and see if certain cabins are available....

Call Carnival to see what's available. They only show about 8 or 9 cabins available at one time when there are probably a lot more unless it's close to sailing.

Used to be you could check on Carnival.com but they took that away awhile ago. I figure they want you to call and maybe they can talk you into a higher cabin category! :D

At most they list 10 cabins per category. If there are more available you won't see them. If there are less then that's all that are available.

So yes, if you want a specific cabin you need to call carnival or a TA to find out if it is available and to book it if it's not a choice online.

When booking online can you look for availability of certain rooms or do you have to call. I am online and it only gives you a few options at a time. I would like to check and see if certain cabins are available....

IMO you are better off calling 800 number (with deckplans in front of you); the website only displays up to 10 of the available cabins in each sub-category (4A, 4B, 4C....6A, 6B, 6C.....) whereas the PVP can see ALL available cabins and help you get the best location. Additionally, the PVP can often indicate a booking fare/promo that you might not be aware of. ken

There is rumored to be a German website that allows you to check all available (unsold) staterooms in each cabin category for each sailing (except for NCL cruises). Some go so far as to claim that it is an oft-revealed "secret" on these boards, and a "secret" it will remain as long as explicit mention of the site continues to offend the (quite sensitive) forum gods. If one were to manage to find the phantom site, obviously resort to some clever sleuthing would be required. Google, of course, is a trusty search engine for such purposes generally. But, it is only helpful if you have a search word or phrase to enter to initiate an appropriate search.

Personally, if I was looking for something related to a SEA venture and was to be an internet SCANNER for such relevant information as might exist on the web, I might try to come up with a two-word, non-hyphenated search phrase to find a helpful website. Chances are, the first result returned would be of particular interest. However, should you eventually stumble upon any such mystical site, you could be assured that any posted cruise prices would be absurdly high, a consequence perhaps of the expectation that phantom funds will be spent at the phantom site. The prices would certainly be much higher than you would find anywhere else, including CC's travel agency partners. Thus, no endorsement or recommendation implied or intended of any such spectral site -- truly.

There is rumored to be a German website that allows you to check all available (unsold) staterooms in each cabin category for each sailing (except for NCL cruises). Some go so far as to claim that it is an oft-revealed "secret" on these boards, and a "secret" it will remain as long as explicit mention of the site continues to offend the (quite sensitive) forum gods. If one were to manage to find the phantom site, obviously resort to some clever sleuthing would be required. Google, of course, is a trusty search engine for such purposes generally. But, it is only helpful if you have a search word or phrase to enter to initiate an appropriate search.

Personally, if I was looking for something related to a SEA venture and was to be an internet SCANNER for such relevant information as might exist on the web, I might try to come up with a two-word, non-hyphenated search phrase to find a helpful website. Chances are, the first result returned would be of particular interest. However, should you eventually stumble upon any such mystical site, you could be assured that any posted cruise prices would be absurdly high, a consequence perhaps of the expectation that phantom funds will be spent at the phantom site. The prices would certainly be much higher than you would find anywhere else, including CC's travel agency partners. Thus, no endorsement or recommendation implied or intended of any such spectral site -- truly.

some time ago that site was also looked at and shown to display the same cabins as all the other on-line sites - max of 10 cabins per sub-category. Having said that, I'll check it again.

I just checked and yes, for Carnival the site only displays max of 10 cabins in each sub-category (10 for 4A, 10 for 4B, etc.). Like all the other on-line sites, The site does display a deckplan of all cabins but the deckpplan does not display overall availability, just the location of the 10 max cabins in the availability dropdown.

...and the European date format suks.

thanks, ken

Archived