Hotel Recommendations

janaberry

Just looking for some hotel recommendations for one pre-cruise night in Fort Lauderdale. 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 2).

Thanks!

I think we need a better idea of budget in order to give sensible suggestions, are you seeking one room or two, do you want an appartment style?. I could recommend Marriot Beach Plaza, or go mad and stay at The W.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn North on January 3rd due to missing our cruise and needing to spend the night in Ft. Lauderdale. I found it to be a great hotel. They offer transportation at no charge from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. They also include breakfast. The rates are good - $116/night. We are arriving the day before we cruise this time (not making that mistake again) and are staying there.

If you want to be closer to the port the Holiday Inn Express is on 17th St. This is a geat location as you can walk to several restaurants. or Transportation you can walk to the Water Taxi that goes all over Ft. lauderdale. It cost 15.00pp for an unlimited pass. The Trolley also stops in front of the Hotel and goes to the Harbour Shops where thee are restaurants, a Publix supermarket . You can also walk to a Wallgreens. The rooms are of adequate size and have a fridge and a microwave. They have complimentary bottles water and a bag of cookies and pretzels when you checkin. The offer a free shuttle from the airport to the Hotel. They offer a paid shuttle for 8.00pp but a taxi is cheaper. The beds were very comfortable. They have a Breakfast Buffet with eggs and bacon on the week-ends. The only thing is they do not have a pool so f this is important to you then stay elsewhere.

The Renissaunce Hotel is just down the street also and has a pool but they do not have shuttles to the Hotel or Port.

I've stayed at the Best Western, Oceanside Inn 3 years ago and I plan on staying there for a pre-cruise night in July. The hotel is reasonable ($112 for three people to a room) with breakfast in the morning. They have a pool also.

1180 Seabreeze Boulevard,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316-2426, US

Phone: 954/525-8115 Fax: 954/527-0957

Toll Free Reservations: 800-367-1007

The Marriott Springhill Suites is nice and with a family you can get a room with two beds and a fold out couch. They have airport pick up and they take you to the port. It also includes breakfast. There is a shopping center across the street with a BJ's so you can get a water or sodas to bring on board.

We are at the Courtyard Marriott on the oceanfront now. Using points to stay so not sure how much the rate is. Got free upgrade to OF, corner room-VERY lovely. There is an awesome restaurant across the hotel, on the IC watersway

called Coconut. They had delicious tomato salads which had red, green and yellow tomatoes! So yummy. Their crab cakes are one of the best (and we lived in Maryland for 4 years so we know good crab cakes). We walked to the WaterTaxi and had a nice cruise to go to dinner at Mango on Las Olas Blvd.

We stayed at the Hilton Marina on 17th last March. It was nice but it was so chaotic in the morning with hundreds of people trying to get taxis to the cruiseport!

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Airport North. Got the room on Priceline for $70 a night. Priceline is a great way to save some $$. Rooms were well appointed with a nice wide screen TV. Within walking distance to a shopping plaza "Harbor Shops Plaza" with several restaurants (enjoyed Grumpy Gators), and a Publix supermarket. Also a free shuttle to/from airport and cruise port. There was a free, on Friday, shuttle (Sun Trolley) to the beaches that could be picked up in front of the Publix market.

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Airport North. Got the room on Priceline for $70 a night. Priceline is a great way to save some $$. Rooms were well appointed with a nice wide screen TV. Within walking distance to a shopping plaza "Harbor Shops Plaza" with several restaurants (enjoyed Grumpy Gators), and a Publix supermarket. Also a free shuttle to/from airport and cruise port. There was a free, on Friday, shuttle (Sun Trolley) to the beaches that could be picked up in front of the Publix market.

A couple of photos from Hyatt Airport North.

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

My vote is for the Hyatt Pier 66 which is across from the port. Very nice hotel.

Glad to hear you liked the Hyatt Pier 66. We'll be staying there 1 night pre-cruise. I got it free on points so I can't complain, but I've heard very mixed reviews. Most of the positive reviews seem to be from people who stayed in the Tower, and the negative reviews come from those who had stayed in lanai or Garden view rooms. Would you agree with that assessment?

Archived