ES price ??

bones774

I've been watching an ES price for awhile now, it started at a 57% discount then went to 62% discount and now back up to 57%, cruise is still 8 months out

is this gonna see-saw like that a coupla times? I'm not familiar with Carnival sales tactics.

Thanks

8 Months? That would have you sailing at the end of September/early October. I would guess that yes, the price will see-saw many times between now and then. I would also guess that your price will get quite a bit lower before September/October. That is hurricane season and prices tend to drop for those sailings. If you know you want to go on that cruise, and think the current price is reasonable, I would book it. Install one of those applications that watches the prices for you and just sit back and wait for the notifications...

8 Months? That would have you sailing at the end of September/early October. I would guess that yes, the price will see-saw many times between now and then. I would also guess that your price will get quite a bit lower before September/October. That is hurricane season and prices tend to drop for those sailings. If you know you want to go on that cruise, and think the current price is reasonable, I would book it. Install one of those applications that watches the prices for you and just sit back and wait for the notifications...

Sorry bad math on my part, 7 months out, end of August. Doing the Canada run outta NY.

I was watching our sailing to Alaska, for Sept. 7th 2010

and this week the Inside Cabins dropped $110pp.

but you can not find an 8B cabin. Only the Interior cabins dropped.

It's a great deal if you want to go to Alaska.

we have a CC group going, so it can be booked with the lower price, and still get the Group Amenities too. Crazy!

As Fire said, it depends on how the sales are going for the ship and the Cabin Cat.

Sorry bad math on my part, 7 months out, end of August. Doing the Canada run outta NY.

There were some last minute rates end of August last year, but not one I could take advantage of. They might have a pack n go rate of $30 pp less for a IS guarantee, and you might be in a 4A ... you cant price match to a guarantee, unless its to a higher type category, like your inside to a OV, OV to a balcony guarantee etc.

So, yes the rates, dropped, but no I have yet to get a price match on a lower price. I keep hoping. Im cruising this Sept, but my feeling is, unless there is a hurricane where people cancel, my chances are very slim of getting a price match. IMO (in my opinion), Carnival does most last minute rates as guarantees, to avoid the possibility of you matching them with your ES.

There were some last minute rates end of August last year, but not one I could take advantage of. They might have a pack n go rate of $30 pp less for a IS guarantee, and you might be in a 4A ... you cant price match to a guarantee, unless its to a higher type category, like your inside to a OV, OV to a balcony guarantee etc.

So, yes the rates, dropped, but no I have yet to get a price match on a lower price. I keep hoping. Im cruising this Sept, but my feeling is, unless there is a hurricane where people cancel, my chances are very slim of getting a price match. IMO (in my opinion), Carnival does most last minute rates as guarantees, to avoid the possibility of you matching them with your ES.

Not to be disagreeable or anything...but I have gotten 3 price drops in the past month for my sailing during spring break this year (March 29, 2010). Quite a few times, I did not see the price difference on the Carnival website, but my price-checking application notified me of the drop. Even then, I could not find where it dropped on the Carnival site. Each time this happend, I went ahead and sent a form in, based on the information my program provided me, and each time I got the OBCs...

Not to be disagreeable or anything...but I have gotten 3 price drops in the past month for my sailing during spring break this year (March 29, 2010). Quite a few times, I did not see the price difference on the Carnival website, but my price-checking application notified me of the drop. Even then, I could not find where it dropped on the Carnival site. Each time this happend, I went ahead and sent a form in, based on the information my program provided me, and each time I got the OBCs...

I dont think you are being disagreeable. I dont know if you ALWAYS do a advanced search on Carnival for instance, so you could not be seeing all the rates. It would have to be a Carnival advertised price or you couldnt get the rate drop. ... its just one for whatever reason you arent seeing when you check. I check for every option when I price check, each time. ... as you never know.

As I stated my problem is I book cheap cabins probably and then the category sells out. For instance I had a PT on my Ecstasy cruise I just got back from and the PTs were sold out. No amount of price checking software would have helped me.

FF cruises out of Galveston most of the time where there is little competition so the prices rarely go down.

Bill

What is a "price checking application"? I check the Carnival website religiously every day to look for price drops, and there has been none on our booked cruise in June. Now it has gone up $140 pp, so I'm thrilled to death that we booked when we did. But if I'm missing something to check for price drops, please clue a clueless girl in!

What is a "price checking application"? I check the Carnival website religiously every day to look for price drops, and there has been none on our booked cruise in June. Now it has gone up $140 pp, so I'm thrilled to death that we booked when we did. But if I'm missing something to check for price drops, please clue a clueless girl in!

We cant name it here, because they ask for donations, so it would be advertising. If you know the price is up $140 pp, you probably dont need it anyway... but keep watching. Try google.

Archived